The application group feature allows you to manage resources from different services and regions by group. You can add your cloud resources, such as business-related servers and databases, to application groups. Then, you can manage alert rules by application group. This topic describes how to create an application group.
- Dynamic mode
When you create an application group, you can specify a name-based matching rule for instances. Instances that meet the matching rule are automatically added to the application group. If you need to add instances to or remove instances from the application group, you only need to modify the instance names. The dynamic mode is supported only for Elastic Compute Service (ECS), ApsaraDB for RDS, and Server Load Balancer (SLB) instances.
- Static mode
If you do not specify a name-based matching rule for creating an application group, you can manually add instances to the application group.
- Log on to the CloudMonitor console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Application Groups.
- On the Application Groups page, click Create Group in the upper-right corner.
- In the Create Group right-side pane, set the parameters in the Creation method, Basic Information, MonitorAlarm, Region, Match Rule, and Event Monitor sections.
GUI element Description Creation method Select the method used to create the application group. Valid values:
- Smart tag synchronization creation
- Standard Group creation
- Smart Instance Rule Creation
Basic Information Set the Product Group Name and Contact Group parameters. You can select one or more alert groups to receive alert notifications.
- If you select Smart tag synchronization creation as the creation method, the system automatically generates an application group name.
- By default, Default Contact Group is selected in the Contact Group drop-down list. You can customize alert groups based on business needs.
MonitorAlarm Select one or more alert templates to initialize alert rules of the application group. By default, ASF is selected. You can customize alert templates based on business needs. Region Select the region to which the application group belongs. Match Rule or Add Instance dynamically Specify the matching rule to automatically add instances. If you select Smart Instance Rule Creation as the creation method, you must set the parameters in the Add Instance dynamically section. All your instances, including those that have not been created, whose names contain, start with, or end with the words you specify will be automatically added to the application group.
If you select Smart tag synchronization creation as the creation method, you must set the parameters in the Match Rule section. Only ECS, ApsaraDB for RDS, and SLB instances can be added to the application group based on the matching rule that you specify.
Initialize Agent Installation If you turn on the Initialize Agent Installation switch, CloudMonitor automatically installs a monitoring agent on all instances in the application group to collect monitoring data. Event Monitor If you select Subscribe Event notification, CloudMonitor automatically sends alert notifications to you when events of the critical or warning level occur on the instances added to the application group.
- If you select Standard Group creation or Smart Instance Rule Creation as the creation method, click Create Group. If you select Smart tag synchronization creation as the creation method, click Add.