The application group feature allows you to manage resources from different services and regions by group. You can create application groups based on your business requirements and add your cloud resources such as servers and databases to application groups. You can manage alert rules by application group.
- Manage resources from the business perspective
You can add resources in your account to different application groups based on the business type. You can then query monitoring data and alerts from the business perspective.
- Perform routine inspection and detect faults
After you create application groups, you can use features such as group health check, faulty instance list, and dashboard to monitor the resources in the application groups. You can inspect resource usage in application groups on a routine basis, locate faulty resources, and identify causes at the earliest opportunity if you receive alert notifications.
- Improve resource usage
Application groups allow you to aggregate and display monitoring data from multiple dimensions. You can query monitoring data of an application group or a single instance to identify frequently accessed resources.
- Log on to the Cloud Monitor console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Application Groups.
- On the Application Groups page, click Create Group in the upper-right corner.
- In the Create Group panel, set the parameters in the Creation method, Basic Information, MonitorAlert, Region, Match Rule, and Event Monitor sections.
GUI element Description Creation method Select the method used to create the application group. Valid values:
- Smart tag synchronization creation
- Standard Group creation
- Smart Instance Rule Creation
Basic Information Set the Product Group Name and Contact Group parameters.
- Product Group Name: the name of the application group.
If you select Smart tag synchronization creation for Creation method, the system automatically generates a name for the application group. If you select Standard Group creation or Smart Instance Rule Creation for Creation method, you must enter a name for the application group.
- Contact Group: the alert group to which alert notifications are sent. You can customize alert groups based on business needs.
MonitorAlert Set the Select Template and Muted parameters.
- Select Template: the alert template used to initialize alert rules of the application group.
- Muted: the interval of re-sending the notification for an alert before the alert is cleared.
The minimum value is 5 minutes and the maximum value is 24 hours.
The Muted parameter is available only when you select Standard Group creation or Smart Instance Rule Creation for Creation method.
Region Select the region to which the application group belongs. The Region section is available only when you select Smart tag synchronization creation for Creation method. Match Rule Specify the matching rule to automatically add instances. All your instances, including those that have not been created, whose names contain, start with, or end with the words you specify will be automatically added to the application group.
Only ECS, ApsaraDB RDS, and SLB instances can be added to the application group based on the matching rule that you specify.
The Match Rule section is available only when you select Smart Instance Rule Creation for Creation method.
Add Instance dynamically Specify the matching rule to automatically add instances.
The Add Instance dynamically section is available only when you select Smart Instance Rule Creation for Creation method.
Initialize Agent Installation If you turn on Initialize Agent Installation, Cloud Monitor automatically installs the Cloud Monitor agent on all instances in the application group. Event Monitor If you select Subscribe Event notification, Cloud Monitor automatically sends alert notifications to you when critical or warning events occur on the instances added to the application group.
- Click Create Group or Add.
- If you select Standard Group creation or Smart Instance Rule Creation for Creation method, click Create Group.
- If you select Smart tag synchronization creation for Creation method, click Add.