A new instance with the historical data is cloned based on the backup file of an existing instance or a specified time. The new instance has the same whitelist settings, SQL audit settings, threshold value alarm settings, backup settings, and parameter settings as the existing instance. The data in the new instance is the same as the historical data in the backup file.
Currently, the clone feature is only applicable to MySQL engines. The database account information in an instance is cloned as follows:
- If the account for the master instance has a high level of permissions, the cloned instance carries the account information with the same permission level.
- If the account for the master instance has normal permissions, the cloned instance carries the historical account information in the used backup file or at the specified time.
When creating a clone instance, the master instance must meet the following conditions:
- The instance is running and not locked.
- The instance does not have an ongoing migration task.
- Data backup and log backup are enabled.
- To clone an instance by using a backup set, the master instance must have at least one backup set.
Note To create a clone instance with a sub-account, ensure that you have authorized the sub-account. For more information, see Authorization for RDS instances.
|Action||String||Yes||Required parameter; value: CloneDBInstance|
|PayType||String||Yes||Billing method. Values:
|InstanceNetworkType||String||No||Network type. Values:
|VSwitch ID||String||No||VSwitich ID|
|PrivateIpAddress||String||No||IP address of a VPC under VSwitchId. If no value is set, the system automatically assigns a VPC IP address.|
|<Common response parameters>||None||Fore more information, see Public parameters.|