Data Management (DMS) is an integrated and visualized database solution that offers data management, structure management, user authorization, security auditing, data trend analysis, data tracking, business intelligence (BI) charts, performance optimization, and server management. You can use DMS to connect to ApsaraDB for MongoDB instances for remote access and online management.
Add the IP addresses of the DMS server to a whitelist of an ApsaraDB for MongoDB instance based on the network type. For more information, see Configure a whitelist for an ApsaraDB for MongoDB instance.
|Network type of the ApsaraDB for MongoDB instance||IP address of the DMS server|
|Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)||100.104.0.0/16|
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for MongoDB console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the resource group and the region of the target instance.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Replica Set Instances.
- Find the target instance and click its ID.
- In the upper-right corner of the page, click Log On and select Primary or Secondary. Then, you are redirected to the DMS console.
- Primary: the primary node in the replica set instance. If you connect to this node, you can perform both read and write operations on the databases of the replica set instance.
- Secondary: the secondary node in the replica set instance. If you connect to this node, you can perform only read operations on the databases of the replica set instance.
- In the Login instance dialog box, configure the parameters.
Parameter Description Database type The database engine of the instance. By default, this parameter is set to the database engine of the instance that you want to access. Instance Area The region where the instance is deployed. By default, this parameter is set to the region where the current instance is deployed. Connection string address The endpoint and port number that are used to connect to the instance. By default, this parameter is set to the endpoint and port number of the current instance. Database Name The name of the database corresponding to the account if authentication is enabled.Note
- If Database account is set to root, the database name is admin.
- We recommend that you do not log on to a database as the root user in the production environment. You can create users and grant permissions to them based on your requirement. For more information, see Manage MongoDB users by using DMS.
Database account The account that is used to access the database. The initial account is
Database password The password of the account that is used to access the database.Note If you forget the password of the root account, you can reset the password by using the method specified in Set a password.
- Click Login.
Note If you want your web browser to remember the password, select Remember password before you click Login.
Common connection scenarios
- Connect to an ApsaraDB for MongoDB instance over the Internet
- How to connect an ECS instance to an ApsaraDB for MongoDB instance when their network types are different
- How to connect an ECS instance to an ApsaraDB for MongoDB instance when they are in different regions
- Connect an ECS instance with an ApsaraDB for MongoDB instance in another Alibaba Cloud account
- How do I troubleshoot logon issues for the mongo shell?
- How to troubleshoot database connection failures after the number of connections reaches the upper limit
- How do I troubleshoot the high CPU utilization issues of ApsaraDB for MongoDB instances?
- How do I query and limit the number of connections?