If the official images cannot meet your requirements, follow the procedure in this section to create custom images (install required software yourself).
NOTE: The basic image used to create custom images must be an image released on the cloud marketplace for the BatchCompute service. Do not use an ECS public image as the basic image .
Follow these steps to create a custom image:
- Purchase a BatchCompute basic image and start an ECS instance.
- Install required software.
- Create an ECS image.
- Register the BatchCompute image.
- Release the ECS instance.
The preceding steps are described as follows:
Click any of the following links to purchase a BatchCompute basic image:
|Region||ubuntu 14.04||centos 6.8||windows server2008 R2|
|US (Silicon Valley)||link||link||link|
Click Buy Now to open the image purchase page and enter the table following these suggestions:
- Set the billing method to Pay-As-You-Go.
- Select the region in accordance with the region of the BatchCompute service.
- Use a randomly allocated availability zone.
- Set the network type to VPC.
- Select an existing security group or create a new security group.
- Select the 4-core 8 GB instance type.
- Select a fixed bandwidth and adjust the peak value as needed. (Currently, only outgoing traffic sent from your ECS instance is charged, and incoming traffic is free of charge.)
- The default system disk size is 40 GB. You can select another size as needed. NOTE: Do not add data disks to the ECS instance.)
- Set a password for the administrator account (Windows: Administrator, Linux: Root) and remember or take down the password.
After filling in the table, click Buy Now to purchase the instance. (NOTE: Sub-accounts cannot be used to purchase instances.)
After the instance is created, reset the instance password and restart the instance.
When the instance is in running state, log on to the instance through a VNC connection. For more information about the configuration, see Start an instance.
Install other application programs you need, such as Maya rendering software and biological data analysis tool.
After installing all the required programs, create a disk snapshot in the ECS console. For more information, see the ECS document Create a snapshot.
Use the snapshot to create a custom image in the ECS console. For more information, see the ECS document Create a custom image.
NOTE: Do not use an ECS instance with data disks to create the custom image.
Log on to the BatchCompute console and open the image creation page.Use the custom ECS image to create an image in the BatchCompute service. You can specify this image when submitting a job or creating a cluster later. For operations on the image, see the following figure.
NOTE: You must obtain the permission before creating the first custom image. Follow the instructions on the image creation page of the console to complete one-key authorization.
In addition to the console, you can also use the Python SDK, Java SDK, or command line tool to register the image.
After creating the image, release the ECS instance. As the instance is charged in Pay-As-You-Go mode, you are charged until the instance is released.
Log on to the ECS console to release the instance.