Redis instances in classic networks can switch to VPC networks.
ApsaraDB supports two types of networks: classic network and Virtual Private Cloud (VPC). The differences between the classic network and VPC are as follows:
Classic network: Cloud services on a classic network are not isolated. Unauthorized access to a cloud service is blocked only by the security group or whitelist policy of the service.
VPC: VPC helps you build an isolated network environment in Alibaba Cloud. You can customize the routing table, IP address range, and gateway for a VPC. In addition, you can use a physical connection or Virtual Private Network (VPN) to combine your on-premises data center with cloud resources in Alibaba Cloud VPC to build a virtual data center and smoothly migrate your applications to the cloud.
You can change the network type from the classic network to VPC, but not vice versa.
When changing the network type from the classic network to VPC, you can choose to keep the connection address of the classic network.
The network type of an ApsaraDB for Redis instance is the classic network. A VPC and a VSwitch are created in the same region as the ApsaraDB for Redis instance. For more information, see Create a VPC.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for Redis console.
- In the upper-left corner of the top navigation bar, select the region where the target instance is located.
- On the Instance List page, click the target instance ID or Manage in the Action column for the target instance.
- On the Instance Information page, click Switch to VPC Network.
- In the Switch to VPC Network dialog box, select a VPC and a VSwitch, select an option for Retain the connection address of the classic network, select a retention period for Retention Days, and then click OK.
- You can click Refresh on the Instance Information page to view the connection addresses of the classic network and VPC.
- If OK is dimmed, check whether a VSwitch is selected. If no VSwitch is available in the current VPC, you must Create a VSwitch.
Related API operations
|SwitchNetwork||Call this OpenAPI to switch the network type of an ApsaraDB for Redis instance to VPC.|
For more information, see Troubleshooting for connection issues in ApsaraDB for Redis.