Release notes 2016-08-01
PostGIS is upgraded from 2.1.7 to 2.2.2. The default version of the new PostGIS plugin is 2.2.2.
The following command can be used to upgrade the existing PostGIS 2.1.7 plugin.
|We recommend that you perform application testing before the upgrade to avoid incompatibility between the new PostGIS version and applications.|
-- Upgrade PostGIS (includes raster) ALTER EXTENSION postgis UPDATE TO "2.2.2"; -- Upgrade Topology ALTER EXTENSION postgis_topology UPDATE TO "2.2.2"; -- Upgrade US Tiger Geocoder ALTER EXTENSION postgis_tiger_geocoder UPDATE TO "2.2.2";
Release notes 2016-07-01
- set supports multiple variables, including set par1=val1 and par2=val2.
- The rds discard all syntax is supported (including the proxy transparent connection pool, clearing virtual pid and virtual cancel key).
- A new syntax is added for rds_superuser creation: CREATE ROLE | ALTER ROLE | CEATE GROUP xxx [WITH] RDS_SUPERUSER
- HA transparent switchover does not require reconnection.
- Proxy transparency.
- The WAL Sender rate limiting function is introduced to solve the competition problem of synchronizing the xlog data of multiple instances to network cards.
- Logical incremental replication is supported through alidecode, enabling incremental replication from RDS to other databases or full replication from MySQL to RDS PG.
- The maximum length of a row in logger printing is limited to 2 KB to reduce the performance impact caused by frequent and long SQL statements.
- RDS SUPERUSER is allowed to run CREATE EXTENSION for plugin creation.
- The max_connect soft switch is introduced to dynamically adjust the number of connections without restarting the database cluster.
- The OOM signal is added to asynchronously monitor the memory usage of PG instances. The terminating effect is enhanced to reduce memory overheads.
- Users with the rds_superuser permission are allowed to run REASSIGN OWNED BY and other commands.
- No error is returned when users without the rds_superuser permission specify tablespace as pg_default during database creation.
- The OOM probability is reduced.
- The storage full issue caused by logs is avoided.
- The hash index is automatically changed to the b-tree index and the unlogged table is changed to a common table in the kernel to prevent data loss after HA switchover caused by the PostgreSQL replication policy.
- Common users run CREATE EXTENSION or ALTER EXTENSION without the rds_superuser permission if a trigger, rule, or function is triggered.
- Security definer traps (triggers and rules) are fixed.
- The unencrypted password and pg_hba.conf password is disabled, and the password complexity requirements are increased.
- The pg_authid MD5 code security vulnerability is fixed.
- Database optimization and data file pre-distribution are supported. Inode write operations and the I/O hang probability are reduced.
- The checkpoint is optimized. The amount of updated dirty pages is reduced during fsync. The probability of I/O hang caused by dirty page update is reduced when metadata is written due to data=ordered.
- The clog is optimized. The clog buffer is increased. fsync is implemented at the checkpoint.
The extension list is supported.
- Plugins of the community version
plpgsql, pg_stat_statements, btree_gin, btree_gist, chkpass, citext, cube, dblink, dict_int, earthdistance, hstore,intagg, intarray, isn, ltree, pgcrypto, pgrowlocks, pg_prewarm, pg_trgm, postgres_fdw, sslinfo, tablefunc, tsearch2, unaccent, pgstattuple, "uuid-ossp" NOTE: uuid-ossp must be enclosed by the double quotation marks (" ").
- New plugins
postgis, postgis_topology, fuzzystrmatch, postgis_tiger_geocoder, plperl, pltcl, plv8, plls, plcoffee, zhparser, which supports custom word segmentation pgrouting, rdkit, pg_hint_plan, jsonbx, www_fdw, oss_fdw, pg_rewind
Access to other databases of a instance through dblink and postgres_fdw
- Error: Database error log
- Space: Available space, data directory space, and XLOG directory space (archived and unarchived)
- Junk data
- Table expansion
- Index expansion
- Unreferenced large object
- Running condition
- Database age
- Long transaction and 2PC
- Sequence depletion
- Unlogged table
- Hash index
- Performance view
- Slave database delay
- Stream replication SLOT delay
- Cache hit rate
- Transaction rollback percentage
- Lock wait
- Slow SQL
- TOP SQL
- Instance memory usage
- Instance CPU usage
- Instance IOPS usage
- Password expiration time
- Configuration inconsistency between master and slave databases
- Configuration file inconsistency between master and slave databases