After deploying an application in an ECS cluster, you can upgrade or downgrade the runtime environment of the application during O&M to meet different functional requirements. This topic describes how to upgrade and downgrade the runtime environment of an application in EDAS.
Application runtime environment
Spring Cloud, Dubbo, and High-speed Service Framework (HSF) applications can be deployed in ECS clusters through WAR or JAR packages. However, the runtime environments for the applications are different.
- Native applications deployed with WAR packages: include Spring Cloud, Dubbo, common Java web, or Spring model-view-controller (MVC) applications that are not developed with Pandora or Pandora Boot. When using a WAR package for deployment, select the relevant Apache Tomcat version.
- Native applications deployed with JAR packages: include Spring Cloud, Dubbo, common Java web, or Spring MVC applications, where Pandora or Pandora Boot has not been used. When using a JAR package for deployment, select the standard Java runtime environment.
- HSF applications: include Spring Cloud applications developed with Pandora Boot and applications converted from Dubbo to HSF. When using a WAR or JAR package for deployment, select the relevant EDAS Container version.
Upgrade or downgrade the application runtime environment
- Log on to the EDAS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Applications. In the top navigation bar, select a region. In the upper part of the page, select a namespace. On the Applications page, click the name of the desired application.
- On the Basic Information page of the application, click Operating Environment in the upper-right corner.
- In the Operating Environment dialog box, select the version of the runtime environment you want to upgrade or
downgrade, select Java Environment, and then click OK.
- Upgrade or downgrade the runtime environment for HSF applications.
- Upgrade or downgrade the runtime environment for native applications (this example uses an application deployed with a JAR package.)
- You do not need to restart the application after the runtime environment is upgraded or downgraded.
- After the runtime environment is upgraded or downgraded, the application availability may be affected due to functional compatibility. Therefore, we recommend that you upgrade the application when traffic is light in the early morning.
- Return to the Basic Information page, and view the version of the application runtime environment in the Application
- If the upgrade is successful, the target version is displayed.
- If the upgrade fails, a change log is generated. For more information about troubleshooting, see How do I troubleshoot issues in a change process?. When necessary, contact EDAS Customer Services. When necessary, roll back the application runtime environment to the original version.