MQ allows you to monitor the consumption status of messages under the topics that you subscribe to, and sends alarms by SMS in case of exceptions, helping you learn about the message consumption status in real time and handle consumption exceptions.
To use the monitoring function, you must subscribe to a topic through a group ID first, and then configure the related monitoring items. When the consumer is online and the number of accumulated messages or the latency exceeds the defined threshold, MQ sends an SMS to the alarm recipient.
To monitor the message consumption status of a group ID, perform the following steps to create a monitoring item:
Log on to the MQ console. In the left-side navigation pane, choose Monitoring.
On the Monitoring Items page, click Add Monitoring Item in the upper-right corner.
In the Add Monitoring Item dialog box, set desired parameters and click OK. The new monitoring items appear on the Monitoring Items page.
- Group ID: indicates the group ID to be monitored.
- Topic: indicates the topic that the group ID subscribed to.
- Accumulation Threshold: indicates the alarm threshold for the number of accumulated messages. The valid threshold ranges from 1 to 100,000,000. If messages are accumulated when the group ID that you want to monitor consumes messages under the specified topic, and the number of accumulated messages exceeds the threshold, MQ sends a notification to the alarm recipient by SMS.
- Latency Threshold: indicates the consumption latency. Consumption latency is the interval between the latest time when the group ID consumes the messages of the specified topic and the time when the last message of the topic is sent to the group ID. The minimum threshold is 1 minute.
- Alarm Time Range: The alarm time is accurate to the minute, ranging from 00:00 to 23:59. You will receive an alarm message only within the specified time range.
- Frequency: The options include Every 5 Minutes, Every 15 Minutes, and Every 30 Minutes.
- Alarm Recipient: The information includes the recipient’s nickname and phone number. The length of the nickname must be within 32 characters.
On the Monitoring Items page, you can edit, disable, and delete created monitoring items. You can also click Enable in the Actions column to enable a disabled monitoring item.