After an application is published, you can view the application information, perform application scale in or scale out, or delete the application in the EDAS console.
View information about an application
This section describes how to view information about an application. For details about how to deploy an instance, see "Instance management". For details about how to set an application, see "Application settings".
Log on to the EDAS console.
Click Applications in the left-side navigation pane, and click an application in the application list to go to the application details page.
On the Basic Information tab of the application details page, view the application information and settings.
You can view the following information for common and Docker applications respectively.
- ID: This ID is automatically generated by the system when the application is created.
- Region: The region in which the application is located. It is set when the application is created.
- Status: The number of ECS instances of the application and the number of running ECS instances.
- Application Type: The type of the application.
- Application package: The package used to deploy the application, which can be downloaded.
- System Checkup Score：The score for checking the current applicaiton. Click View to show the datails of check items including status, capacity and high availability.
Application scale in/out
You can manually scale out for an application when the instance load of the application is too high. You can also stop and put an instance out of service to scale down an application when the application does not require too many resources.
On the application details page, click Scale Out in the upper right corner.
On the Scale Out page, select the target group and then the specific ECS instance, and click Scale Out.
Note: The status of the added ECS instance depends on that of the application.
- If the application is running, it will be deployed and run on the added ECS instance automatically.
- If the application is not running when the ECS instance is added, then the application is deployed on the instance but will not be started.
On the application details page, select Instance Information tab.
Based on the status of the ECS instance, perform one of the following steps to remove it from the application.
If an ECS instance is running, click Stop to stop the instance, and then click Scale in in the Actions column.
If an ECS instance is already stopped, click Scale in to delete the instance from the application.
Delete an application
After an application is deleted, all information related to the application is deleted, all instances under the application are released, and all application WAR packages and container files in the ECS instance are deleted. Therefore, before deleting an application, make sure that logs, WAR packages, and configurations on all instances under the application are backed up.
On the application details page, click the Stop button on the upper-right corner.
Select the Instance Information tab. On the instance deployment information tab, click Scale in in the Actions column of the application.
When an instance is deleted, the WAR packages and container files in the instance are automatically deleted.
Click the Delete button in the upper-right corner of the application details page.