Add Business Metric Monitoring function can be used when you want to upgrade from custom monitoring to business metric monitoring. This function is used on the data submitted through APIs or SDKs to the CloudMonitor for data processing and to display the data on the dashboard.
With Business Metric Monitoring, metric data can be aggregated by time or space dimension. The time dimension can support the granularity of data aggregation down to a minimum of 1 minute. The space dimension controls the aggregation views with the help of Group By parameter.
• When you add a chart, the data submitted during the previous 60 minutes will be read. Therefore, if your data is submitted less frequently (than every other 60 minutes), no data will be shown during a preview.
• Limit on line chart view: 1 line chart can display up to 15 lines.
• Limit on area chart view: 1 area chart may display up to 15 areas.
• Table data limit: the ordered results can be displayed for a maximum of 1,000 data entries.
• Limit on heat map view: 1 heat map can display a maximum of 1,000 color blocks.
• By default, metric data is aggregated at a 1-minute granularity. If your data is submitted once and within less than a minute while performing a query; you will only be able to get data submitted at a minimum granularity of 1 minute.
Chart title: it is the title of the metric chart. It displays the name of a metric, by default.
Metric name (required): you can customize the name according to the meaning of a metric. It is a parameter for follow-up data query via APIs.
Metric (required): the name of metric for which data is submitted via APIs/SDKs.
Unit: the unit is chosen according to the meaning of your metric.
Filter (optional): equivalent to the ‘Where’ statement in SQL. If the filtering criteria are left blank, it means all the data will be processed.
Group By: equivalent to the ‘Group By’ statement in SQL. The function can aggregate and group the metric data by a space or other specified dimensions. If no dimension is chosen for Group By, all the metric data will be aggregated using the aggregation methods.
Aggregation: aggregates the metric data within the aggregation period using the specific method. Maximum, minimum and average values are three available aggregation methods.
Chart views: a view can be displayed in line chart, area chart, heat map, pie chart and table.
Line chart: this chart displays metric data by time sequence.
Area chart: this chart displays metric data by time sequence.
Heat map: this map displays the real-time metric data, and is usually used to display distribution and comparison of metric data that is grouped by dimension and aggregated.
Pie chart: this chart displays the real-time metric data, and is generally used for data comparison.
Table: this table displays the real-time metric data.
Log on to the CloudMonitor console.
Click the Dashboard option in the left menu to access the Dashboard page.
Click the Add business metrics monitoring button at the upper right corner of Monitoring Dashboard.
Define the Chart name, Metric name and Chart type.
Choose the metric data you want to view and then define the processing method.
Select metric and unit.
If you only want to view part of the data, select a filtering field.
If you want to aggregate the data grouped by dimension, choose the corresponding field in Group By.
Choose an aggregation method.
Click Publish to generate a chart in the dashboard.
Drag the right border, bottom border or the bottom-right corner of the chart, to resize the chart (if required).