This topic describes how to configure a Shell job.
Notice By default, you can run Shell scripts as a Hadoop user. To run the scripts as the root user, you can use the sudo command.
- Log on to the E-MapReduce console by using an Alibaba Cloud account.
- Click the Data Platform tab.
- In the Projects section, click Edit Job in the Actions column of the target project.
- Right-click the folder where you want to create a job, and select Create Job.
Note You can also right-click the folder to create a subfolder, rename the folder, or delete the folder.
- In the dialog box that appears, set the Name and Description parameters, and select Shell from the Job Type drop-down list.
This option indicates that a Bash Shell job will be created.
- Click OK.
- Specify the command line arguments required to submit the job in the Content field.
DD=`date`; echo "hello world, $DD"
- Click Save.