This topic describes how to configure a Shell job.
Notice By default, you can run Shell scripts as a Hadoop user. To run the scripts as the root user, use the sudo command.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud EMR console by using your Alibaba Cloud account.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where your cluster resides and select a resource group based on your business requirements.
- Click the Data Platform tab.
- In the Projects section of the page that appears, find the project you want to edit and click Edit Job in the Actions column.
- In the Edit Job pane on the left, right-click the folder on which you want to perform operations and select Create Job.
- In the Create Job dialog box, specify Name and Description, and select Shell from the Job Type drop-down list. This option indicates that a Bash Shell job will be created.
- Click OK.
- Specify the command line parameters required to submit the job in the Content field.Example:
DD=`date`; echo "hello world, $DD"
- Click Save.