Security Center monitors your cloud assets and diagnoses detected issues. This topic describes how to purchase Security Center.
- Go to the Security Center buy page by using your Alibaba Cloud account.
- Configure the parameters.
The following table describes the parameters on the buy page.
Parameter Description Edition The required edition. For more information about the features that are supported by each edition, see Features.Note Security Center provides the Value-added Plan edition. This edition allows you to separately enable anti-ransomware, container image scan, and web tamper proofing for your servers. Protected Servers The number of servers that you want to protect by using Security Center. The default value is the total number of Alibaba Cloud Elastic Compute Service (ECS) instances plus third-party servers that have the Security Center agent installed within your Alibaba Cloud account.Note
- If you want to increase the number of protected servers during the subscription duration, we recommend that you specify a value that includes the estimated total number of servers to protect.
- If you want to purchase the Ultimate (Container Security) or Value-added Plan edition, you do not need to configure this parameter.
Server vCPUs The number of vCPUs of servers that you want to protect by using Security Center. The default value indicates the minimum number of vCPUs that you can specify.Note
- The value of the parameter must be no less than the larger value between the total
number of vCPUs of all servers and the value of the Protected Servers parameter multiplied
For example, if the value of the Protected Servers parameter is 10, and the total number of vCPUs of all servers is 76, you must set the value of the Server vCPUs parameter to no less than 80.
- This parameter is required only when you purchase the Ultimate (Container Security) edition.
Log Analysis A value-added feature. You can configure this parameter to specify log storage capacity. If you want to use this feature, set the Log Analysis parameter to a value that is greater than 0 GB. The log analysis feature retrieves data from all logs, including host, network, and security logs. This allows you to trace and analyze security events.Note The Enterprise and Ultimate editions of Security Center support 14 types of logs, and the Anti-virus and Advanced editions support 10 types of logs. The 10 types of logs are categorized into host and security logs. Anti-ransomware A value-added feature. If you want to use this feature, set the Anti-ransomware parameter to a value greater than 0 GB. The general anti-ransomware solution provides the protection, alerting, and data backup features to prevent ransomware from intruding into your assets. For more information, see Anti-ransomware overview. Container Image Scan A value-added feature. If you want to use this feature, set the Container Image Scan parameter to a value greater than 0.
We recommend that you configure this parameter based on the number of images that you want to scan and your subscription duration. Security Center uniquely identifies an image based on a digest value. If the digest value of an image does not change, the quota specified by the Container Image Scan parameter is deducted only by one from the first scan. If the digest value of an image changes, the quota specified by the Container Image Scan parameter is deducted again. The quota is deducted by one each time the digest value changes. For example, if you want to scan 10 images and the estimated number of digest value changes is expected to be 20 within the subscription duration, you must set the Container Image Scan parameter to 30. This indicates that the value of the Container Image Scan parameter is the sum of the number of images you want to scan plus the number of times the digest values of the images change.
Web Tamper Protection A value-added feature. If you want to use this feature, select Yes and set Number to the number of servers for which you want to enable web tamper proofing. This feature monitors web directories in real time and restores tampered files or directories based on the backup files. This prevents important website information from malicious modification. Duration The subscription duration. You must determine whether to enable Auto-renewal.Note
- If the value of the Protected Servers parameter is 1, the minimum subscription duration is one year. If the value ranges from 2 to 10, the minimum subscription duration is six months. If the value is greater than 10, the minimum subscription duration is one month.
- The auto-renewal cycle is based on the subscription duration. If you purchase Security Center on a yearly basis, the auto-renewal cycle is one year. If you select Auto-renewal and a two-year subscription, the auto-renewal cycle is one year.
- Click Buy Now and complete the payment.