In VPC networks, you cannot use KMS of public cloud to activate Windows instances. This topic describes how to use a specific KMS domain name to activate Windows instances in a VPC network.
Alibaba Cloud reminds you that:
- Before you perform operations that may cause risks, such as modifying instance configurations or data, we recommend that you check the disaster recovery and fault tolerance capabilities of the instances to ensure data security.
- You can modify the configurations and data of instances including but not limited to Elastic Compute Service (ECS) and Relational Database Service (RDS) instances. Before the modification, we recommend that you create snapshots or enable RDS log backup.
- If you have authorized or submitted sensitive information such as the logon account and password in the Alibaba Cloud Management Console, we recommend that you modify such information in a timely manner.
The following section provides information about KMS domain names.
|Regions in mainland China||kms.cloud.aliyuncs.com|
|China (Hong Kong)||kms.cloud.aliyuncs.com|
|US (Silicon Valley)||us1.kms.cloud.aliyuncs.com|
|Malaysia (Kuala Lumpur)||my.kms.cloud.aliyuncs.com|
The following procedure describes how to activate a Windows instance in a VPC. The example instance is located in mainland China, so use "kms.cloud.aliyuncs.com" as an example.
- Click start>Run, enter cmd, and then press the the Enter key to enter the command line window.
- Run the following command to replace KMS.
slmgr -skms kms.cloud.aliyuncs.com
Note: If you fail to activate the ECS instance, you must first check whether the DNS server you are using is an Alibaba DNS server. If a non-Alibaba DNS server is used,
kms.cloud.aliyuncs.comcannot be resolved. We recommend that you set the default DNS server of the ECS instance created from the VPC to 100.100.2.136 or 100.100.2.138.
- If a similar output is displayed, the settings are successful. Then, click OK.
- Run the following command to activate KMS:
slmgr -atoIf a similar output is displayed, the activation is successful. Then, click OK.
For more information about activating Windows instances, see the following topics:
- Elastic Compute Service