This topic provides a complete list of Alibaba Cloud regions and zones.
- Regions in Mainland China
Region name City Region ID Number of zones China North 1 Qingdao cn-qingdao 2 China North 2 Beijing cn-beijing 7 China North 3 Zhangjiakou cn-zhangjiakou 2 China North 5 Hohhot cn-huhehaote 2 China East 1 Hangzhou cn-hangzhou 8 China East 2 Shanghai cn-shanghai 6 China South 1 Shenzhen cn-shenzhen 5
- International regions
Region name City Region ID Number of zones Hong Kong Hong Kong cn-hongkong 2 Asia Pacific SE 1 Singapore ap-southeast-1 3 Asia Pacific SE 2 Sydney ap-southeast-2 2 Asia Pacific SE 3 Kuala Lumpur ap-southeast-3 2 Asia Pacific SE 5 Jakarta ap-southeast-5 2 Asia Pacific SOU 1 Mumbai ap-south-1 2 Asia Pacific NE 1 Tokyo ap-northeast-1 2 US West 1 Silicon Valley us-west-1 2 US East 1 Virginia us-east-1 2 EU Central 1 Frankfurt eu-central-1 2 UK (London) London eu-west-1 2 Middle East 1 Dubai me-east-1 1
When choosing a region, consider the following factors:
- Geographic location
Choose a region based on the geographic locations of you and your target users.
- Regions in mainland China
In general, we recommend that you choose the data center closest to your target users so that they have fast access. Alibaba Cloud's data centers of the regions in mainland China are similar to each other in terms of infrastructure, BGP network quality, service quality, ECS operation and configuration. The regions offer BGP backbone network lines covering all provinces, autonomous regions, and municipalities to guarantee fast, stable access within mainland China.
- International regions
Alibaba Cloud’s international regions are data centers outside mainland China. They offer access at international bandwidth, targeting areas outside mainland China. Users in mainland China that access services deployed in these regions may experience high latency. Therefore, we do not recommend deploying services in international regions if users from mainland China require access.
- If you have business operations in Hong Kong or Southeast Asia, choose the region Hong Kong, Asia Pacific SE 1, Asia Pacific SE 3, or Asia Pacific SE 5.
- If you have business operations in Japan and Korea, choose the Asia Pacific NE 1.
- If you have business operations in India, choose the region Asia Pacific SOU 1.
- If you have business operations in Australia, choose the region Asia Pacific SE 2.
- If you have business operations in America, choose the region US East 1 or US West 1.
- If you have business operations in Continental Europe, choose the region EU Central 1.
- If you have business operations in the United Kingdom, choose the region UK (London).
- If you have business operations in the Middle East, choose the Eastern Middle East 1 region.
- Regions in mainland China
Intranet communication between Alibaba Cloud products across regions
Intranet communication between Alibaba Cloud products that are not in the same region is not supported, which means:
- ECS instances and other products, such as ApsaraDB for RDS and OSS instances, cannot communicate with one another over the intranet if they are in different regions.
- Server Load Balancer cannot be deployed for ECS instances in different regions.
The price of resources may vary according to the region. For details, see theproduct pricing page.
Business license filing
When you choose a region, consider the special requirements of some areas. If you have purchased an ECS instance in mainland China and used it for a web server, complete business license filing first.
To complete business license filing, pay attention to the following points:
Note The communications administrations in different provinces, autonomous regions, and municipalities have different approval requirements for business license filing. In case of any change, the information published on the business license filing website of your local administration prevails. For the different approval requirements, see provincial communications administrations.
- If your company is located in Beijing, choose the China North 2 region for the ECS instance you have purchased.
- If your company is located in Guangdong, choose the China South 1 region for the ECS instance you have purchased.
Zones are physical areas with independent power grids and networks within one region. The network latency for instances within the same zone is shorter.
Intranet communication can take place between instances in different zones of the same region, and fault isolation can be achieved between zones. Whether or not instances can be deployed in the same zone depends on the requirements for disaster recovery and network latency.
- If your applications require high disaster recovery capabilities, we recommend that you deploy your instances in different zones of the same region.
- If your applications require low network latency between instances, we recommend that you create your instances in the same zone.
For more information about regions and zones, see the Alibaba Cloud Global Infrastructure.