A domain name must be resolved to the address provided by Web Hosting. This helps you or your users to visit the website hosted on the Web Hosting instance by accessing the domain name. Once a Web Hosting instance is purchased, an address *.aliwebs.com is provided. You must add CNAME resolution to *.aliwebs.com.
Before you resolve a domain name to a Web Hosting instance, guarantee that the domain name is bound to the Web Hosting instance. For more information, see bind a domain name.
After you establish a Web Hosting instance, you can find a test domian on the Web Hosting console. Go to the domain name registrar and resove your domain name to the test domain name.
If you didnot register your domain name by Alibaba Cloud Domain service, consider the following options:
- Contact your domain name registrar to resolve the domain name.
- If you want to use Alibaba Cloud DNS, manually add the domain name to the DNS list in the Alibaba Cloud DNS console. For more information, see add and manage records.
If your domain name is registered by Alibaba Cloud Domain service, follow these steps to resolve your domian name.
Log on to the Web Hosting console.
On the Host List page, search for the instance which you want to resolve the domain name to, and click Manage.
In the left-side navigation pane, click Instance Details, and copy the Test Domain value.
In the Alibaba Cloud console, choose Products > Domains & Websites > Alibaba Cloud DNS.
- On the Basic DNS page, find the domain name which you want to resolve, and click Configure.
- At the upper-right corner of the DNS Settings page, click Add Record.
- In the Add Record dialog box, complete the following configurations, and click OK.
- Select Type as CNAME.
- Enter Host as www.
- Retain ISP line as Default.
- In the Value field, enter or paste the Test Domain value that you can copy from the Web Hosting Instance Details page.