A service identification number associates the website for which you want to apply for an Internet Content Provider (ICP) filing with the instance that hosts the website. If you apply for an ICP filing in the Alibaba Cloud ICP Filing system, you must provide a service identification number for each website. The number of service identification numbers that you can obtain for each supported Alibaba Cloud instance varies based on its service type. This topic describes how to apply for a service identification number after you purchase an instance.
- You can apply for service identification numbers only for supported Alibaba Cloud instances. Service identification numbers are used to apply for ICP filings. For more information about the supported instances and the maximum number of service identification numbers allowed, see the "Supported instance service types and the maximum number of service identification numbers allowed" section of the Prepare and check the instance and access information topic.
- If you use the same Alibaba Cloud account to purchase the instance and apply for an ICP filing, you can select the instance during the ICP filing application. You do not need to apply for a service identification number. You can directly select the instance or apply for a service identification number for an ICP filing application. No matter which method you choose, the maximum number of service identification numbers that are supported by an instance does not change.
- You may use different Alibaba Cloud accounts to purchase an instance and apply for an ICP filing. In this case, we recommend that you log on to the Alibaba Cloud Management Console by using the account that is used to purchase the instance and apply for a service identification number. For more information, see Procedure.
- To apply for an ICP filing, you must apply for a service identification number first. If a service identification number is already in use for a website, you cannot reuse it to apply for an ICP filing for another website. If you deregister the website or remove Alibaba Cloud from the service provider list, the service identification number is still considered used. You cannot reuse it to apply for an ICP filing for another website.
- Log on to the ICP Filing Management console by using the Alibaba Cloud account that is used to purchase the instance.
- On the ICP No. Application page, find the instance for which you want to apply for a service identification number and click Apply in the Operation column.
- In the message that appears, click OK.
Apply for a service identification number for an instance provided by another service provider
You must submit an ICP filing application to the service provider of your instance. The instance that is provided by another service provider can be a cloud server or an on-premises server. If you purchase an instance from another service provider, you must apply to the service provider for a service identification number before you can apply for an ICP filing.
You must submit the required materials to apply for an ICP filing, and the authenticity of your materials will be verified. After the verification is complete, you must complete the SMS verification that is initiated by the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT). Then, your ICP filing information is sent to the local communications administration for the final review.
Status of a service identification number
|Bound||The service identification number has been obtained but has not been used for an ICP filing. You can use this service identification number to apply for an ICP filing.|
|Filing in Progress||The service identification number has been used to apply for an ICP filing and the application is in progress.|
|Filed||You have obtained an ICP filing by using this service identification number. If a new website needs an ICP filing, you must use another unused service identification number to submit an ICP filing application.|
What to do next
After you obtain a service identification number, you can log on to the Alibaba Cloud ICP Filing System to apply for an ICP filing. When you specify the information about your website to apply for an ICP filing, you must select Use ICP No. from the Alibaba Cloud services drop-down list, and enter your service identification number in the ICP No. field.