You have filed the website domain name through another service provider. Your website is currently hosted by an Alibaba Cloud server, and you need to file the domain name with Alibaba Cloud.
- Enter the required information to determine the ICP Filing type.
Log on to the Alibaba Cloud ICP Filing system, enter a specified ICP Filing subject and a domain name, enter the CAPTCHA and click Verify Filing Type. The system automatically determines the filing type based on the information given.Note
- Subject Region: Select the region according to the location of the ICP Filing subject. The system automatically matches the local communications administration requirements based on the selected region.
- Subject Type: Choose a subject type for ICP Filing based on your requirements. For personal websites, select Personal.
- Verify your Alibaba Cloud ECS instance.
For Product Type, select Alibaba Cloud and enter the ICP Filing Service Number. Click Verify.Note For how to obtain a service number, see Apply for ICP Filing service numbers.
- Enter the subject information.
On the Subject Information page, enter the required information based on actual conditions. Click Next to enter the website information.Note
- For Subject Mailing Address, you can enter a certification address, office address or residential address.
- The Subject Document Address and the Subject Mailing Address must be in the same province.
- If you cannot provide a specific street number, you must provide an explanation in the remarks.
- Make sure the contact information you have provided is valid, including the email address and the phone number. If your contact information changes after the filing is completed, update the filing information to prevent missing filing notifications.
- Enter the website information.
On the Website Information page, enter the required information based on actual conditions. Click Next to upload the filing materials.Note
- Website Name: Follow the instructions on the right side to enter the website name. Some provinces have special requirements for personal website names. For more information, see Personal website name requirements.
- The Pre-Approval List is optional. If your website involves any of the content types in the pre-approval list, consult the local authority and prepare the required documents.
- If the website administrator is not the person applying for the ICP Filing, click Add New Administrator in the Website Administrator Information column. The website administrator must take a photo as required and upload the photo for verification.
For filing applications made by entities, check if the local authority requires the applicant and the website administrator to be the legal representatives of the entities. See ICP Filing regulations of the place of ICP license issue. The application requirements vary by province, autonomous region, and direct-administered municipality.
- If you have other websites to file, click Save, and Add Another Website.
- For other website information, see Subject and website information FAQs.
- Upload the required materials.
Follow the instructions to upload copies of the required materials. Click Submit.Note
- Download the authenticity statement, and fill in the statement with a black pen. Upload the scanned copy or a photo of the statement. The authenticity statement requirements vary according to region and ICP Filing type. For more information, see Notes on authenticity statements.
You can use the Alibaba Cloud app to upload documents and verify the website administrator with photos, if you apply for a filing in Guangdong, Chongqing, Liaoning, Anhui, and Fujian.
- If the local authority requires domain name certificates, contact your domain name service provider for the domain name certificates.
- Upload a photo for verification.
After you pass the initial review, log on to the Alibaba Cloud ICP Filing system to upload a photo of the website administrator for verification. The photo verification methods vary by region.
Region Verification method Users in Shanghai ICP Filing applicants in Shanghai must use the Shanghai Communications Administration app to verity the website administrator. For more information, see Use the Shanghai Communications Administration app to verify the website administrator. Users in other regions Alibaba Cloud will send you an official photo backdrop. Click Enter Your Addressto apply for the official photo backdrop. After you receive the backdrop, you can take a photo in front of the backdrop and upload the photo for review.
Click here to see the photo shoot requirements.
Note If your photo passes review, Alibaba Cloud will forward your application to the communications administration for review within one working day.
- Text message verification (Optional).
According to the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT), the pilot provinces for text verification are as follows: Tianjin, Gansu, Tibet, Ningxia, Hainan, Xinjiang, Qinghai, Zhejiang, Sichuan, Fujian, Shaanxi, Chongqing, Guangxi, Yunnan, Shandong, Henan, Anhui, Hunan, Shanxi, Heilongjiang, Inner Mongolia, and Hubei. The applicant must complete text verification before the application is submitted to the communications administration for review. Text verification is optional in other provinces. Check the text verification code sent by the MIIT. Follow the instructions to log on to the communications administration website to complete the verification.Note For more information about text verification, see Text verification for ICP Filing.
- You will receive emails and text notifications about the review results. Log on to the Alibaba Cloud ICP Filing system to check the ICP Filing status.
- The review process usually takes 3 to 20 working days after your application documents are submitted.
- After your ICP Filing information passes the communications administration review, it will take a while before the review information is uploaded to the Alibaba Cloud ICP Filing system.
- During this period, you can check for website vulnerabilities and block malicious attackers. You can also check website content to avoid the risks of being shut down and blacklisted by the MIIT for not abiding to Chinese content law. For more information, see Website Threat Inspector.