If the ICP Filing subject has been filed with Alibaba Cloud and has a new website hosted on an ECS instance, a new ICP Filing is required.
- Before you apply for an ICP Filing, read Prepare for ICP Filing.
- If you have used the Alibaba Cloud ICP Filing system or the HiChina ICP Filing platform before, import your ICP Filing information to the Alibaba Cloud ICP Filing system first. For more information about the import process, see Alibaba Cloud ICP Filing system FAQs.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud ICP Filing system.
- Locate the ICP Filing subject, and click Add Website.
Note If the Add Website button is not displayed, you might already have an ICP Filing order in process. You must complete the order or withdraw it before submitting another application. You can cancel the filing order that is in progress or wait for the filing order to pass the communications administration review.
- Confirm the subject information. Make sure the subject information is correct, and click Next.
Note If the subject information is incorrect, click Modify Subject Information to modify the information. You cannot add a new website ICP Filing when modifying the subject information. For information about how to modify the ICP Filing information, see Modify ICP Filing information.
- Verify your Alibaba Cloud ECS instance.
For Product Type, select Alibaba Cloud, and enter the ICP Filing Service Number. Click Verify.Note For more information about how to obtain a service number, see Apply for ICP Filing service numbers.
- Enter the website information.
On the Website Information page, enter the required information based on actual conditions. Click Next to upload the filing materials.Note
- Website Name: Follow the instructions on the right side to enter the website name. Some provinces have special requirements for personal website names. For more information, see Personal website name requirements.
- The Pre-Approval List is optional. If your website involves any of the content types in the pre-approval list, consult the local authority and prepare the required documents.
- If the website administrator is not the person applying for the ICP Filing, click Add New Administrator in the Website Administrator Information column. The website administrator must take a photo as required and upload the photo for verification.
For filing applications made by entities, check if the local authority requires the applicant and the website administrator to be the legal representatives of the entities. See ICP Filing regulations of the place of ICP license issue. The application requirements vary by province, autonomous region, and direct-administered municipality.
- If you have other websites to file, click Save, and Add Another Website.
- For other website information, see Subject and website information FAQs.
- Upload the required materials.
Follow the instructions to upload copies of the required materials. Click Submit.Note
- Download the authenticity statement, and fill in the statement with a black pen. Upload the scanned copy or a photo of the statement. The authenticity statement requirements vary according to region and ICP Filing type. For more information, see Notes on authenticity statements.
You can use the Alibaba Cloud app to upload documents and verify the website administrator with photos, if you apply for a filing in Guangdong, Chongqing, Liaoning, Anhui, and Fujian.
- If the local authority requires domain name certificates, contact your domain name service provider for the domain name certificates.
- Upload a photo for verification.
After you pass the initial review, log on to the Alibaba Cloud ICP Filing system to upload a photo of the website administrator for verification. The photo verification methods vary by region.
Region Verification method Users in Shanghai ICP Filing applicants in Shanghai must use the Shanghai Communications Administration app to verity the website administrator. For more information, see Use the Shanghai Communications Administration app to verify the website administrator. Users in other regions Alibaba Cloud will send you an official photo backdrop. Click Enter Your Addressto apply for the official photo backdrop. After you receive the backdrop, you can take a photo in front of the backdrop and upload the photo for review.
Click here to see the photo shoot requirements.
Note If your photo passes review, Alibaba Cloud will forward your application to the communications administration for review within one working day.
- Text message verification (Optional).
According to the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT), the pilot provinces for text verification are as follows: Tianjin, Gansu, Tibet, Ningxia, Hainan, Xinjiang, Qinghai, Zhejiang, Sichuan, Fujian, Shaanxi, Chongqing, Guangxi, Yunnan, Shandong, Henan, Anhui, Hunan, Shanxi, Heilongjiang, Inner Mongolia, and Hubei. The applicant must complete text verification before the application is submitted to the communications administration for review. Text verification is optional in other provinces. Check the text verification code sent by the MIIT. Follow the instructions to log on to the communications administration website to complete the verification.Note For more information about text verification, see Text verification for ICP Filing.
- You will receive emails and text notifications about the review results. Log on to the Alibaba Cloud ICP Filing system to check the ICP Filing status.
- The review process usually takes 3 to 20 working days after your application documents are submitted.
- After your ICP Filing information passes the communications administration review, it will take a while before the review information is uploaded to the Alibaba Cloud ICP Filing system.
- During this period, you can check for website vulnerabilities and block malicious attackers. You can also check website content to avoid the risks of being shut down and blacklisted by the MIIT for not abiding to Chinese content law. For more information, see Website Threat Inspector.