Before you apply for an ICP filing, prepare and check the domain name of your website to make sure that the domain name meets the requirements. This helps you pass the MIIT verification and quickly obtain an ICP filing.
- Check item 1: Real-name verification information
- Check item 2: Check whether your domain name is qualified for an ICP filing
- Check item 3: Confirm whether your domain name registrar has been approved by MIIT
Check the real-name verification information of the domain name
- View the real-name verification information
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud Domain console.
- On the Domain Names page, find the target domain name and click Manage in the Actions column.
Note After you use the current account to log on to the console, if you cannot find the target domain name, the domain name may be under another account.
- The real-name verification information is displayed on the Basic Information page.
- Transfer the domain name (optional)
If the domain holder information is inconsistent with the entity information, you can transfer the domain name to the entity to keep the information consistent. For more information, see Domain name management overview.
- Real-name verification (optional)
If you have not completed the real-name verification process for the domain name, complete the process before you apply for an ICP filing.Note After you complete the real-name verification process, it takes up to three days to synchronize the information to the MIIT database. We recommend that you wait three days and then apply for an ICP after the real-name verification process is completed. Otherwise, you may fail to obtain an ICP filing due to the lack of real-name verification information in the MIIT database.
- Renew the domain name (optional)
If your domain name has expired, you must renew the domain name before you apply for an ICP filing. For more information, see Renew a domain name.
Check whether your domain name is qualified for an ICP filing
- Check whether the domain name has been approved by MIIT
- Click 域名.信息 in a browser.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click 域名注册管理机构审批情况.
- Approved top-level domains are listed in the 业务范围 column. You can check and confirm whether the top-level domain of your domain name
If the top-level domain of your domain name is not listed in the 业务范围 column, your domain name cannot obtain an ICP filing.
- Confirm whether your domain name is a second-level domain name
Websites whose domain names are resolved to servers located in Mainland China must register an ICP filing. After the top-level domain of your domain name obtains an ICP filing, the second-level domains and subdomains using this top-level domain become accessible. You do not need to apply for an ICP filing for these domain names.
- If the ICP filing number of your top-level domain name is not obtained through Alibaba Cloud, you must add Alibaba Cloud to the service provider list in the registration information. You can add multiple service providers to the registration information for the same top-level domain.
- According to MIIT regulations, websites using a top-level domain that does not have an ICP filing cannot provide services. Only after the top-level domain obtains an ICP filing, the second-level domains and subdomains using the top-level domain are allowed to provide services.
Confirm whether your domain name registrar has been approved by MIIT
- View domain name registrar information
On the WHOIS page, enter the domain name in the input box and click Search. This allows you to view the information of the domain name registrar.
- Confirm whether the registrar has been approved by MIIT
- Click 域名.信息 in a browser.
- In the left-side navigation, click 域名注册服务机构审批情况
- Domain name registrars that have been approved by MIIT are listed in the 企业名称 column. You can check and confirm whether your registrar is included.
If your domain name registrar is not listed in this column, you must transfer your domain name to a registrar that is approved by MIIT. To transfer a domain name to Alibaba Cloud, follow these steps:
- Transfer the domain name to a registrar that is approved by MIIT (optional)
For more information about transferring domain names to Alibaba Cloud, see Transfer your domain names to Alibaba Cloud.