For quick application of an Internet Content Provider (ICP) filing, we recommend that you make adequate preparations before submitting an application.
Read and understand the MIIT ICP regulations
The Ministry of Industry and Information Technology (MIIT) has different regulations and requires different documents for ICP filing applications in different provinces, autonomous regions, and municipalities of China. We recommend that you read and understand the MIIT ICP regulations of different provinces, autonomous regions, and municipalities, or you can learn about the regulations on http://www.beian.miit.gov.cn (available in Chinese only).
Prepare and check the website domain name
- The top-level domain has been approved by MIIT.
- The domain name is valid.
- The domain name registrar has been approved by MIIT.
- Individual entities must be the owner of the website. Organization entities can be the organization, shareholder, senior executive, or the person in charge.
- You have completed real-name verification for the domain name. For more information about real-name verification for a domain name registered through Alibaba Cloud, see Real-name verification overview and FAQ about real-name verification (available in Chinese only). If your domain name is not registered through Alibaba Cloud, consult the domain name registrar for more information.
- The entity information that you specify in the ICP filing information must be consistent with the real-name verification information of the domain name holder. Verify that the following information is consistent: name, certificate type, and certificate number.
Prepare and check the instance
|Instance type||Purchase requirement||Shopping URL||Number of service identification numbers|
|Elastic Compute Service (ECS)||
|ECS||5 for each instance|
||Web Hosting||5 for each instance|
|Simple Application Server||
||Simple Application Server||5 for each instance|
|Elastic Web Hosting||
||Elastic Web Hosting||5 for each Alibaba Cloud account|
|Alibaba Cloud Marketplace website building product||
||Alibaba Cloud Marketplace||1 for each instance|
|Network Address Translation (NAT) Gateway||
||NAT Gateway||2 for each instance|
|IPv6 Translation Service||
||IPv6 Translation Service||2 for each instance|
|Edge Node Service (ENS)||
||ENS||5 for each instance|
- If the remaining duration of your ECS or Elastic Web Hosting subscription does not meet the requirements, you must renew the subscription before you apply for an ICP filing.
- You can apply for only a limited number of service identification numbers for each instance. You cannot increase the upper limit by renewing the instance. If the number of service identification numbers has reached the upper limit and you need to apply for a new service identification number, purchase a new instance.
Prepare materials required for applying for an ICP filing
- Basic materials
Note If the entity of an ICP filing is an individual, the certificates of the entity, website administrator, and organization are the certificate of the individual. You only need to upload the certificate once in the Alibaba Cloud ICP Filing system.
Type Usage Material to upload Certificate of the entity Verify the identity of the entity. Individual: identity card or other identity document of the individual.Enterprise: identity card or other identity document of the legal person.Note If the entity or website administrator is not a resident in Mainland China, provide the following valid certificates as needed:
- Hong Kong and Macao residents: Hong Kong and Macao residence permit or Mainland Travel Permit for Hong Kong and Macao Residents.
- Taiwanese residents: Taiwan residence permit or Mainland Travel Permit for Taiwanese Residents.
- Residents outside Mainland China: passport.
Certificate of the website administrator Verify the identity of the website administrator. Certificate of the organization Verify the information of the organization. Individual: identity card or other identity document of the individual.
Enterprise: business license or other identity document.
- Auxiliary materials
Type Scenario Identity verification photo while you are holding your identity document During individual ICP filing application, some provincial and municipal administrations require that you upload a face photo of the website administrator holding the corresponding personal identity document, such as an identity card or a registered permanent residence page. Identity verification photo while you are holding the identity document of the organization During organizational ICP filing application, some provincial and municipal administrations require that you upload a face photo of the website administrator holding the corresponding identity document of the organization, such as the business license and the organization code certificate. Letter of authorization Some provincial and municipal administrations require that, when the entity or the website administrator is not a legal person, you provide a letter of authorization from the entity or the website administrator. Domain name confirmation required by Beijing administration As a user in Beijing, you can use this template to list all domain names when you cannot provide all ICP filing domain names in the authenticity statement. Domain name holder certificate Some provincial and municipal administrations require that the domain name be under the name of the organization. For the domain name under the individual name, you must provide a certificate of the domain name holder for the website ICP filing application. Commitment letter required by Guangdong provincial administration As a user in Guangdong, if the website contains information about the financial industry, you must provide the ICP filing commitment letter for finance-related websites registered in Guangdong. Website construction plan required by Guangdong provincial administration The Guangdong provincial administration requires that, if the ICP filing entity has a large number of domain names, you provide the website construction plan in addition to the authenticity statement. Domain name certificate Some provincial administrations require this certificate. You can check the ICP filing regulations of each provincial and municipal administration. Temporary or permanent residence permit Some provincial administrations, such as Fujian provincial administration, require that you submit a photo or scanned color copy of the temporary or permanent residence permit when the domicile registered on your identity card is inconsistent with the province in which the application is submitted. Certificate of authorization Provincial administrations in Yunnan, Inner Mongolia, Heilongjiang, and Jiangxi require that public institutions and government agencies provide the certificate of authorization issued by the upper-level authorities when they apply for ICP filings. Certificate of change If the certificate of the ICP filing entity is changed, for example, the business license is replaced by a new one with the certificate number changed, a certificate of change issued by the corresponding authority is required.
- Upload scanned color copies or photos of these materials.
- If no separate upload buttons are provided for certain auxiliary materials, you need to use an image drawing tool to splice the photos of the auxiliary materials and the certificate of the ICP filing entity into an image and then upload this image.
Register an Alibaba Cloud account
Before you apply for an ICP filing in the Alibaba Cloud ICP Filing system (available in Chinese only), you must register an Alibaba Cloud account. For more information, see Register an Alibaba Cloud account.
(Optional) Complete the pre-approval process
If your website involves information about some special industries, such as news, publishing, medicine, and medical devices, you must complete the pre-approval process before applying for an ICP filing. You need to provide the corresponding pre-approval document when applying for an ICP filing.
For more information, see Pre-approval.