Domain names registered at Alibaba Cloud can be transferred to another registrar. This topic describes how to transfer a domain name from Alibaba Cloud to another registrar.
You can transfer a domain name from Alibaba Cloud to another registrar. The transfer process takes 5 to 7 days. After you transfer a domain name from Alibaba Cloud to another registrar, you cannot use services provided by Alibaba Cloud Domains for the domain name.
- Submit a transfer-out request to obtain the transfer key.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud Domains console.
- On the Domain Name List page, find the domain name that you want to transfer to another registrar and click Manage in the Action column. The Basic Information page appears.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Domain Transfer-Out.
- Check the email address specified for Registrant Email and click Next.
Note The registrant's email address must be available because the transfer key for the domain name will be sent to this email address. If the email address of the registrant is incorrect, click Change Email next to Registrant Email to change the email address.
- Obtain a verification code, enter the code in the Email Verification Code filed, and then click Next.
Note To ensure the stability and security of the system, when you obtain the transfer key, in about 1 minute, the system will automatically send the transfer key to the email address of the registrant for confirmation.
- If no transfer key is received, click Resend Transfer Code.
- If the email address is incorrect, click Registrant Email to change the email address.
- Submit a transfer-in request in the system of the new registrar.
- Submit a transfer-in request and provide the transfer key as required by the new registrar.
- Complete the transfer process based on the rules of the new registrar.
- Check whether your email address receives the confirmation email from the new registrar.
- When Alibaba Cloud receives a transfer request from the new registrar, Alibaba Cloud
automatically sends a confirmation email to the email address of the domain name registrant.
- No further step is required for the transfer. The domain name is automatically transferred to the new registrar after five to seven days.
- To cancel the transfer, see the following section.
Cancel a transfer-out request
If you have submitted a transfer-out request in the Alibaba Cloud Domains console, but the request has not been verified, you can cancel the transfer-out request. To cancel a transfer-out request, follow these steps:
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud Domains console. Click the target domain name to go to the Basic Information page.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose
.Note If the Cancel Transfer-Out button is unavailable on the Domain Transfer-Out page, the domain name has been transferred to the new registrar. You can wait 60 days and then transfer the domain name to Alibaba Cloud again. For more information, see Transfer a domain name to Alibaba Cloud.
What to do next
You can query the transfer status on WHOIS lookup or at the registrar to which the domain name is transferred. To query the registrar information of a domain name on Alibaba Cloud WHOIS lookup, follow these steps:
- Go to the Alibaba Cloud WHOIS page.
- Enter the transferred domain name in the search box and click Search to view the current registrar of the domain name.