You can transfer domain names that are registered with Alibaba Cloud to another registrar. This topic describes how to transfer a domain name from Alibaba Cloud to another registrar.
You can transfer a domain name from Alibaba Cloud to another registrar. The transfer process is usually completed within five to seven days. After you transfer a domain name from Alibaba Cloud to another registrar, you cannot use the services provided by Alibaba Cloud Domains for the domain name.
Rules on transferring a domain name from Alibaba Cloud
|The current domain name registrar must be Alibaba Cloud.||-|
|The domain name must have been registered at least 60 days ago.||-|
|The domain name cannot be transferred out 15 days before the domain name expires.||We recommend that you transfer your domain name at least 30 days before it expires. This prevents the expiration of your domain name during the transfer process.|
|The domain name can be transferred out 60 days after it is transferred to Alibaba Cloud.||-|
|The domain name must be in a normal state at the time when it is transferred.||
|The domain name can be transferred 45 days after it is renewed or redeemed after expiration.||You can transfer a domain name to another registrar 45 days after the last renewal. After the domain name is transferred to another registrar, the validity period of the domain name is extended by one year.|
- Submit a transfer-out request to obtain the transfer key.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud Domains console. The Domain Name List page appears.
- On the Domain Name List page, find the domain name that you want to transfer to another registrar and click Manage in the Action column. The Basic Information page appears.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Domain Transfer-Out.
- Check the email address specified for Registrant Email and click Next.Note The email address of your registrant must be valid because the transfer key for the domain name is sent to this email address. If the email address specified for Registrant Email is invalid, click Change Email next to Registrant Email to change the email address.
- Obtain and enter the Email Verification Code, and then click Next.Note For system stability and security purposes, Alibaba Cloud takes about one minute to send the transfer key to the email address that you specified. You can obtain the transfer key in the email.
- If no transfer key is received, you can click Resend Transfer Code to request the transfer key again.
- If the email address is invalid, you can click Registrant Email to change the email address.
- Submit a transfer-in request in the system of the new registrar.
- Submit a transfer-in request and provide the transfer key as required by the new registrar.
- Complete the transfer process based on the rules of the new registrar.
- Check whether your email address receives the confirmation email from the new registrar.
- After Alibaba Cloud receives a transfer request from the new registrar, Alibaba Cloud
automatically sends a confirmation email to the email address of the domain name registrant.
- No further step is required for the transfer. The domain name is automatically transferred to the new registrar after five to seven days.
- If you want to cancel the transfer, perform the operations described in the "Cancel a transfer-out request" section.
Cancel a transfer-out request
After you submit a transfer-out request in the Alibaba Cloud Domains console, you can cancel the transfer-out request before the transfer-out request is approved. To cancel a transfer-out request, perform the following steps:
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud Domains console. The Domain Name List page appears. On the Domain Name List page, find the domain name for which you want to cancel the transfer-out request and click its name to go to the Basic Information page.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .Note If the Cancel Transfer-Out button is unavailable on the Domain Transfer-Out page, the domain name has been transferred to the new registrar. You must wait 60 days before you can transfer the domain name to Alibaba Cloud again. For more information, see Transfer a domain name to Alibaba Cloud.
What to do next
You can query the transfer status of the domain name on the WHOIS page or at the registrar to which the domain name is transferred. To query the registrar information of a domain name on the Alibaba Cloud WHOIS page, perform the following steps:
- Go to the Alibaba Cloud WHOIS page.
- Enter the transferred domain name in the search bar and click Search. Then, you can view the current registrar of the domain name.