A domain name can only be used by one Alibaba Cloud account. If your domain name has been used by another Alibaba Cloud account, you must reclaim it first so that you can add it to your DNS list. Follow these steps to reclaim a domain name:
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud Domain console, and click Go to Alibaba Cloud DNS product list on the top of the page.
- Click Add Domain Name on the DNS list page.
- Enter your domain name. If this domain name has been used by another Alibaba Cloud account, you will receive a prompt. Click Retrieve Domain Name in the prompt message.
- Verify the ownership of the domain name through TXT Record Verification.
- Add the specified TXT record for this domain name at its current DNS service provider.
- After adding the TXT record, click Verify.
Once the verification is successful, you will receive an email.