MaxCompute allows you to switch between the subscription and pay-as-you-go billing methods. This topic describes how to switch the billing method of a project by changing its quota group.
The computing jobs in a subscription project can use only the purchased subscription computing resources. Subscription computing resources are exclusive resources, and pay-as-you-go resources are shared resources. Computing resources are CU resources.
The following table describes the scenarios in which you switch billing methods.
|Switch the billing method from pay-as-you-go to subscription||Supported. You must purchase CUs of MaxCompute before you switch the billing method. You are not allowed to switch the billing method for a project across regions.||The new billing method takes effect immediately. However, if a job is running, the new billing method does not take effect until the next time you run the job.|
|Switch the billing method from subscription to pay-as-you-go||Supported. The fees you already paid are not refunded. However, you can still create projects to use the purchased CUs. After you purchase MaxCompute CUs, you can create multiple projects to share these CUs.|
- Log on to the MaxCompute console, and select a region in the upper-left corner.
- Find the MaxCompute project for which you want to switch the billing method, and click Switch quota group in the Actions column to go to the Workspace Management page.
- In the Compute Engine information section, click the MaxCompute tab and modify Quota group switching.
- If you switch the billing method from pay-as-you-go to subscription for the project, select a subscription quota group.
- If you switch the billing method from subscription to pay-as-you-go for the project,
select Default pay-as-you-go quota.
Note If the workspace that corresponds to a project is in standard mode, you need only to switch the billing method for the production project. The billing methods for the development and production projects are the same. If you switch the billing method from pay-as-you-go to subscription, you can switch the subscription quota groups separately for the two projects by using Use MaxCompute Management. For more information, see Change the quota group of a project.