This topic describes how to switch the billing methods between pay-as-you-go and subscription for MaxCompute after you purchase resources.
- The difference between subscription and pay-as-you-go lies only in the billing and running modes of the computing resources. The billing modes for storage and download resources are the same. In the subscription method, computing tasks can only use reserved and non-reserved computing resources that you purchase. Reserved computing resources are exclusive resources, whereas non-reserved computing resources and resources billed in the pay-as-you-go method are shared resources. The running speed of a task depends on the total number of running tasks.
- If you switch the billing method for a project, the new method takes effect immediately. However, if a task is in the running state, the new method does not take effect until the next time you execute a task.
- If you switch the billing method from pay-as-you-go to subscription, you must purchase MaxCompute compute units in advance. You can only switch billing methods for projects in the same region.
- If you switch the billing method from subscription to pay-as-you-go, the fees you already paid are not refunded. However, you can create projects to use the purchased compute units, but they are billed in the new method. After you purchase MaxCompute compute units, you can create multiple projects to share these compute units.
- If you frequently switch between billing methods, the efficiency of your computing jobs may be affected. Therefore, we recommend that you only switch billing methods as required.
- Log on to the DataWorks console by using your Alibaba Cloud account.
- Click Workspaces to navigate to the page.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region to which the project belongs. Find the workspace for which you want to switch the billing method, and click Service Configuration in the Actions column. In the Change Services wizard that appears, change the billing method for MaxCompute in the Select Engines and Services step.
- Click Next.