Python 3.6.4 is used in E-MapReduce (EMR).
Install Python 3.6.4
- By default, Python 3.6.4 is installed in EMR V2.10.0 and later 2.X.X versions, and
V3.10.0 and later 3.X.X versions.
The installation directory is /usr/bin/python3.6.
In EMR V2.X.X earlier than V2.10.0 and V3.X.X earlier than 3.10.0, you must perform the following steps to download and install Python 3.6.4:
- Download the software package Python-3.6.4.tgz.
- Use the file transfer tool SSH Secure File Transfer Client to upload the JAR package to the /usr/local directory of the master node of your cluster.
- Decompress the package and install the software.
- Log on to the master node of your cluster. For more information, see Connect to the master node of an EMR cluster in SSH mode.
- Create an installation directory for Python 3.6.4.
mkdir -p /usr/local/python3
Decompress the downloaded package.
tar zxvf Python-3.6.4.tgz
- Access the folder where the installation file resides and specify the installation
cd Python-3.6.4 ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/python3
- Compile and install the software.
make && make install
- Create a symbolic link to Python 3.6.4.
ln -s /usr/local/python3/bin/python3 /usr/bin/python3
- Check whether Python 3.6.4 is installed.
python3 -VIf the following information is returned, Python 3.6.4 is installed:
- Check whether pip3 is installed.
pip3 -VIf the following information is returned, pip3 is installed:
pip 9.0.1 from /usr/local/Python-3.6.4/lib/python3.6/site-packages (python 3.6)