This topic describes how to create a pay-as-you-go Hadoop cluster by using the quick purchase method in the E-MapReduce (EMR) console.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud EMR console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where you want to create a cluster and select a resource group based on your business requirements.
- Click the Cluster Management tab.
- On the Cluster Management page, click Quick Purchase in the upper-right corner.
- On the page that appears, configure the parameters that are described in the following
table.Use default settings for other parameters. For more information, see Create a cluster.
Section Parameter Example value Description Basic Information Cluster Type Hadoop The cluster type. EMR Version EMR-3.30.0 The major version of EMR. The latest version is selected by default. Cluster Name test The name of the cluster. The name must be 1 to 64 characters in length and can contain only letters, digits, hyphens (-), and underscores (_). Password Custom password Remember the password. It is required when you connect to the cluster. Network Settings Zone China (Hangzhou) Zone I You cannot change the region or zone after the cluster is created. Exercise caution when you configure this parameter. Network Type VPC The value of this parameter can only be VPC. VPC VPC_Hangzhou(192.168.xx.xx/16)(ID: vpc-bp1f4epmkvncimpgs****) You must select a VPC in the specified region. If no VPC is available in the region, click Create VPC/VSwitch to create one. VSwitch vsw_i(192.168.xx.xx/24)(ID: vsw-bp1e2f5fhaplp0g6p****) The vSwitch of the cluster. Select a vSwitch in the specified zone. If no vSwitch is available in the zone, create one. Security Group Name sg-bp1ddw7sm2risw****(ID: sg-bp1ddw7sm2riswb1****)Notice Do not use an advanced security group that is created in the ECS console.
- Read and select E-MapReduce Service Terms.
- Click Create.Refresh the Cluster Management page to view the creation progress. When Status becomes Idle, the cluster is created.