After paying the overdue bill of a Pay-As-You-Go instance, you must reactivate the instance. Otherwise, the instance will be released.
For a Pay-As-You-Go instance, if the due date of an overdue payment (T) is not settled within 15 days after the due date (T+15), the instance is stopped due to overdue payment and its status changes to Expired. You must submit a ticket to settle the payment and reactivate your instance within 30 days after the due date (T+30). Otherwise, the instance is released and the data cannot be recovered.
The Pay-As-You-Go instance is in the Expired status.
Submit a job statement to clear the bill.
To reactivate an instance in the ECS console, follow these steps:
- Log on to the ECS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Instances.
- Select the target region.
- Select the instance to be reactivated, and then select at the bottom of the instance list.
- Choose whether to reactivate the instance immediately or later at a specified time.
If you choose to reactivate immediately, the selected instance returns to the Running status after about 10 minutes.
Alternatively, you can also complete the task by calling the ECS API ReactivateInstances.