After you purchase a Alibaba Cloud CDN/DCDN resource package, the fees in the resource package are not deducted. When you query the bill, other deductions still exist in the billing details, resulting in overdue payments for the account.
Alibaba Cloud CDN provides several types of resource plan that can be used to offset certain resource fees. However, some resource fees cannot be offset by resource plans. The reasons why you still have other deduction items after you purchase the resource package are as follows:
Note: This article takes Alibaba Cloud Content Delivery Network as an example. The troubleshooting steps for Alibaba Cloud Content Delivery Network D are the same.
- Multiple billing item are generated when you use the Alibaba Cloud Content Delivery Network. The purchased resource package does not cover all Alibaba Cloud Content Delivery Network billing item.
Alibaba Cloud Content Delivery Network may incur multiple billing item such as traffic fees and request fees during use. Each type of resource plan can offset only the specified type of resource fee. For example, outbound data transfer plans cannot offset fees of HTTP requests for static content. In this case, payments or overdue payments are generated.
- You purchase resource package in an accelerated region, but the actual fees incurred are in other regions.
Alibaba Cloud Content Delivery Network resource package usually have region restrictions. resource package in one region can only offset billing item produced in the corresponding region. For example, if you purchase a downstream traffic resource package that Alibaba Cloud Content Delivery Network a nationwide acceleration region, you can only deduct the billing item generated by the corresponding acceleration region. You cannot deduct the corresponding billing item in Hong Kong, Macao, Taiwan, and overseas regions.
- The error message returned because the billing method you selected does not match the resource package.
currently, downstream traffic Alibaba Cloud Content Delivery Network is resource package only supported by pay-by-traffic. you can only offset the traffic charges incurred by pay-by-traffic. if you select pay-by-bandwidth or pay-by-bandwidth peak of 95 per month, the resource package cannot be deducted, and account deductions or overdue payments will also occur.
- Your actual resource usage exceeds the resource package specifications.
- It takes some time for the billing system to issue bills.
If other deduction items still exist after you purchase the Alibaba Cloud Content Delivery Network resource package, check the fee usage in the expense center and check whether the deduction is normal. Based on the causes of the above problems, locate and handle the problems according to the following troubleshooting ideas:
- Go to the consumption details of the expense center of the Alibaba Cloud console to view the order information and check whether the billing item generated by the Alibaba Cloud Content Delivery Network has purchased the corresponding resource package. For more billing item about Alibaba Cloud Content Delivery Network services, see Billing components. The billing item of Alibaba Cloud Content Delivery Network mainly has the following two parts:
Note: The billing method of DCDN also includes the number of requests and WebSocket billing. For more information, see Requests and WebSocket billing.
- Basic service billing: If you generate multiple billing item when you use the Alibaba Cloud Content Delivery Network, but only purchase the resource package corresponding to some of the billing item, other fees will be deducted. It is normal to deduct fees. If you have not purchased the corresponding resource package, see resource package Purchase. Purchase the corresponding resource package based on your business needs.
- Value-added service billing: Check whether some value-added services are enabled, such as the HTTPS feature, real-time logging feature, and image pornography detection feature. Value-added services are pay-as-you-go, and the system continuously deducts money from your account. We recommend that you purchase corresponding resource package for value-added services. For more information, see Value-added service billing.
After confirming that you have purchased the corresponding resource package for the billing item generated by the Alibaba Cloud Content Delivery Network, check whether the region of the resource package you purchased is the same as the region where the fees are actually incurred.
If you purchase resource package in a region and the actual fees are incurred in other regions, your resource package will not be used and the corresponding fees will be deducted.
If multiple accelerated regions are set for your accelerated domain names, we recommend that you purchase resource plans for each of the accelerated regions so that resource fees in these accelerated regions can be offset. For resource package purchase, see Alibaba Cloud Content Delivery Network /Dynamic Route for CDN resource package.
- If your purchased resource package is in the same region as the region where the fees are incurred, proceed to the next step for troubleshooting.
Log on to the Alibaba Cloud Content Delivery Network console. On the Overview page, you can view the current billing method. Check whether the selected billing method matches the resource package.
If this parameter does not match, modify the billing method in the Alibaba Cloud Content Delivery Network console. For more information, see Change the billing method.
If this parameter matches, proceed to the next step for troubleshooting.
- Check whether the actual usage of your business exceeds the resource package specifications. This feature allows you to query resource usage, query bills, query resource plans, export bills, and export billing details. For more information, see Usage query.
- After the purchase resource package is, if the actual resource usage exceeds the purchased resource package specifications, the excess resource usage will be automatically changed to pay-as-you-go. For example, you have purchased an outbound data transfer plan of 100 GB. However, a total of 110 GB of outbound data has been transferred in the current month. In this case, the amount (10 GB) that exceeds the data transfer plan is billed on a pay-as-you-go basis. Such situations cause overdue payments for your Alibaba Cloud account. We recommend that you purchase a new resource package to meet your business requirements.
- If it does not exceed the resource package specifications, please carefully check the time when the expenses are incurred. A resource plan takes effect immediately after you complete the payment. However, it takes 3 to 4 hours for Alibaba Cloud CDN to issue a bill after a billing cycle ends. For example, the bill you received at 10:00 on October 10, 2020 may be the bill between 06:00 and 07:00 on October 10, 2020. To prevent account overdue due to resource package exhaustion, you can set resource package warnings to purchase sufficient resource package before the resource package is exhausted. For resource package purchase, see Alibaba Cloud Content Delivery Network /Dynamic Route for CDN resource package.