Before creating a Server Load Balancer, ensure that you have made corresponding plan and preparation as described in Plan and prepare.
Log on to the Server Load Balancer console.
Click Create Server Load Balancer.
Configure the Server Load Balancer instance.
Configuration Description Basic configuration Region
Select the region where the Server Load Balancer instance is located.
Note: Ensure that the region of the Server Load Balancer instance is the same as that of the backend ECS.
Display the zone type of the selected region.The zone of a cloud product refers to a set of independent infrastructure and is usually represented by Internet data centers (IDCs). Different zones have independent infrastructure (network, power supply, air-conditioning and so on). Therefore, an infrastructure fault in one zone will not affect the other zones. A zone belongs to a specific region and a single region may have one or more zones.
- Single zone: the Server Load Balancer instance is deployed only in one zone.
- Multi-zone: the Server Load Balancer instance is deployed in two zones. By default, the instance in the primary zone is used to distribute traffic. When the primary zone is faulty, the instance in the backup zone will automatically take over the load balancing service. This greatly increases local availability.
Primary zone Select the primary zone for the Server Load Balancer instance. The primary zone carries the current traffic. Backup zone Select the backup zone for the Server Load Balancer instance. The backup zone does not carry traffic by default, but will do so when the primary zone is unavailable. Network and instance type Instance type Alibaba Cloud provides two types of Server Load Balancer services. You can choose to create an Internet or Intranet instance based on your business needs. The system will allocate a public IP or a private IP accordingly. For more details, refer to Instance and network type.
- Internet: the Internet Server Load Balancer instances can distribute requests from the Internet clients to the backend ECS instances according to your listening rules.
- Intranet: the Intranet Server Load Balancer instances can only forward requests from clients with access to the private network of the Server Load Balancer instance.
Select a performance specification for the instance.
Currently, the performance-guaranteed instances are only available in US East 1 (Virginia), China South 1 (Shenzhen) and China East 2 (Shanghai). For more details, refer to Performance-guaranteed instances.
Network type If the selected instance type is Intranet, you have to choose the network type for the instance:
- Classic network: the IP of the instance is allocated and managed by Alibaba Cloud in a unified manner.
- VPC: the IP of the instance is allocated from your specified VSwitch CIDR block.
Bandwidth Display the billing method. Purchase plan Quantity Select the quantity.
Click Buy Now to finish.