To use Server Load Balancer, you must first create a Server Load Balancer instance.
Before creating an SLB instance, make sure that you have properly prepared the environment. For more information, see Before you begin.
- Log on to the SLB console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Server Load Balancer. In the upper-left corner, click Create SLB Instance.
- Configure the SLB instance according to the following information.
Configuration Description Region
Select the region where the SLB instance is located.Note Make sure that the region of the SLB instance is the same as that of backend ECS instances.
Zone type Displays the zone type of the selected region. The zone of a cloud product refers to a set of independent infrastructure and is usually represented by Internet data centers (IDCs). Different zones have independent infrastructure (network, power supply, air-conditioning and so on). Therefore, an infrastructure fault in one zone will not affect other zones. A zone belongs to a specific region, however, a single region may have one or more zones. SLB has deployed multi-zone in most regions.
- Single-zone: The SLB instance is deployed only in one zone.
- Multi-zone: The SLB instance is deployed in two zones. By default, the instance in the primary zone is used to distribute traffic. If the primary zone is faulty, the instance in the backup zone will automatically take over the load balancing service.
Primary Zone Select the primary zone for the SLB instance. The primary zone carries traffic in normal conditions. Backup Zone Select the backup zone for the SLB instance. The backup zone only takes over traffic when the primary zone is unavailable. Instance Spec
Select a performance specification for the instance.
The performance metrics vary by specification. For more information, see Guaranteed-performance instance FAQ.
Instance Type Select the instance type based on your business needs. A public or a private IP address is allocated to the SLB instance based on the instance type. For more information, see What is an SLB instance.
- Internet: An Internet SLB instance only provides a public IP and you can access the SLB service from the Internet.
- Intranet: An intranet SLB instance only provides a private IP and you can only access the SLB service from the intranet.
IP version Select IPv4. Network type If the selected instance type is intranet, you have to select a network type for the instance.
- Classic network: The IP of the instance is allocated and managed by Alibaba Cloud in a unified manner.
- VPC: The IP of the instance is allocated from the VSwitch CIDR block specified by you.
Billing Select a billing method. Quantity Select the number of instances to create.
- Click Buy Now and complete the payment.