osscmd is a Python 2.x-based command line tool. You can use this tool to manage buckets and objects.
- API-based development and debugging. You can use the osscmd tool to send a request in a specific format and perform multipart upload step by step.
- Bucket-based configurations. You can use the osscmd tool to configure logging, website, and lifecycle rules for buckets.
- The osscmd tool supports Python versions 2.5, 2.6, and 2.7 only.
- The osscmd tool is developed based on Python SDK 0.x. However, Python SDK 2.x.x instead of Python SDK 0.x is maintained.
- Only bugs of the osscmd tool can be fixed. You cannot use the tool to configure new features such as the storage class of infrequent access (IA) or Archive, cross-region replication (CRR), and back-to-origin.
Use the osscmd tool
After you have downloaded and decompressed the Python SDK, run the
python osscmd + operation command in the directory where the osscmd tool resides. For example, run the following
command to upload a file to a bucket:
python osscmd put myfile.txt oss://mybucket
To obtain a detailed list of commands, run the
python osscmd command.
To obtain a detailed list of command parameters, run the
python osscmd help command.