This topic describes how to initialize the Media-C SDK environment.
Determine an endpoint
An endpoint is the domain of Alibaba Cloud OSS in a region. It currently supports two formats.
|OSS region address||Address of the region where an OSS bucket is located. For more information about the endpoints in various regions, see Regions and endpoints.|
|User-defined domain name||Domain name defined by the user, with the CNAME directing to the OSS domain.|
- OSS region address
You can use any of the following methods to search for an endpoint mapped to the address of the region where an OSS bucket is located:
- You can query the mapping relationship between the endpoint and the region. For more information, see Regions and endpoints.
- You can log on to Alibaba Cloud OSS Console, open the Bucket Overview page, and find the suffix of the bucket domain. For example, the suffix
oss-cn-hangzhou.aliyuncs.comof the bucket domain
bucket-1.oss-cn-hangzhou.aliyuncs.comis the endpoint of the bucket on the Internet.
Configure an AccessKey
To access Alibaba Cloud OSS, you must have a valid pair of AccessKeys (including an AccessKeyID and AccessKeySecret) for signature authentication. Do the steps in the following links to obtain the AccessKeys:
Use the RAM and STS services
Only temporary authorization is required for uploading files to or downloading files from the device terminal (such as a mobile phone, tablet, or camera), instead of permanent authorization. In this scenario, the RAM and STS services are used.
- Log on to the RAM console and activate the RAM service.
- Create a role. You can grant the AliyunOSSFullAccess and AliyunSTSAssumeRoleAccess permissions to this role.
- After successful creation, an ARN in the role details in a format similar to acs:ram:xxxx:role/yyyy. This is the role_arn. It is used to get a temporary token in subsequent steps.