When you upload an object in multipart upload mode, the object is split into several parts called fragments. After you upload all of these parts to the OSS server, you can call CompleteMultipartUpload to combine these parts into a single complete object.
- When you use an OSS management tool to upload an object in resumable upload mode, parts are also generated.
- You can call CompleteMultipartUpload to combine these parts into a single complete object. For more information about how to use MultipartUpload, see Introduction.
- To save storage space in the bucket, you can configure lifecycle rules to manage unnecessary parts that are generated when multipart upload tasks fail. For more information, see Configure lifecycle rules.
- Parts cannot be read before they are combined into an object. Before you delete a bucket, delete all objects and parts in the bucket. Parts are generated during multipart upload. For more information, see Introduction in API Reference.
- Log on to the OSS console.
- Click the target bucket.
- New console: Click Buckets, and then click the name of the target bucket.
- Old console: In the left-side navigation pane, click the name of the target bucket.
- Click the Files tab. On the page that appears, click Parts.
- In the Parts dialog box that appears, delete parts.
- To delete all parts in the bucket, select all parts and click Delete All.
- To delete specified parts, select the parts that you want to delete and click Delete.
- In the message that appears, click OK.