Alibaba Cloud OSS does not has the term “folder”. All elements are stored as objects. To use a folder on the OSS Console, you actually create an object with a size of 0 ending with a slash (/) used to sort the same type of files and process them in batches. By default, the OSS Console displays objects ending with a slash as folders. These objects can be uploaded and downloaded normally. On the OSS Console, you can use OSS folders like using folders in the Windows operating system.
NOTE: The OSS Console displays any object ending with a slash as a folder, whether or not it contains data. The object can be downloaded only using an application programming interface (API) or software development kit (SDK). For details about how to create and use simulated folders, refer to:
- Go to the OSS Console.
- Click the name of the target bucket to open the bucket overview page.
- Click Object Management to open the object management page of the bucket.
- Click Create Folder to open the Create Folder dialog box.
- Enter the name of the folder to be created in the Folder Name textbox.
- Click Submit to save the created folder.