If you want to organize objects that you upload to a bucket, you can create directories. This topic describes how to create directories or folders in the OSS console.
When the hierarchical namespace feature is enabled for a bucket, you can update a parent directory to perform multiple directory-level tasks at the same time. Traditionally, OSS uses a flat namespace to store objects in buckets and uses objects whose names end with a forward slash (/) to simulate directories. Compared with this method, the hierarchical namespace feature greatly improves the performance of operations that are related to directories. For more information about the hierarchical namespace feature, see Hierarchical namespace.
- Log on to the OSS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Buckets. On the Buckets page, click the name of the bucket in which you want to create the folder.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Files.
- On the Files page, click Create Folder.
- In the Create Folder panel, enter the Folder Name.
- Click OK.