A bucket is a container for objects stored in OSS. You must create a bucket before you upload any types of objects to OSS. This topic describes how to create a bucket in the OSS console.
- Log on to the OSS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Buckets. On the Buckets page, click Create Bucket.You can also click Overview. Then, click Create Bucket in the upper-right corner.
- In the Create Bucket panel, configure required parameters as described in the following table. You can
keep the default settings for other parameters or configure the parameters after the
bucket is created.
Parameter Description Bucket Name Set the name of the bucket. The name of a bucket cannot be changed after the bucket is created.
The bucket name must comply with the following conventions:
- The name must be globally unique.
- The name can contain only lowercase letters, digits, and hyphens (-).
- The name must start and end with a lowercase letter or digit.
- The name must be 3 to 63 bytes in length.
Region Select the region where the bucket is located. The region of a bucket cannot be changed after the bucket is created.
To access the bucket from an ECS instance over the internal network, select the region in which the ECS instance is located. For more information, see OSS domain names.Notice If the bucket that you want to create is located in a region in mainland China, you must complete real-name registration by submitting your relevant information on the Real-name Registration page.
Zone-redundant storage OSS provides zone-redundant storage (ZRS) to replicate user data across three zones within the same region. Even if one zone becomes unavailable, the data still remains accessible.
- Enable: Enable ZRS for the bucket. Objects in the bucket are stored by using ZRS. For example,
if the storage class of the bucket is Standard, the objects in the bucket are Standard
ZRS objects by default. For more information, see ZRS.
- ZRS is available only in the China (Shenzhen), China (Beijing), China (Shanghai), China (Hong Kong)and Singapore regions.
- You can enable ZRS for a bucket only when you create the bucket. ZRS cannot be disabled after you enable it for a bucket. Exercise caution when you enable this feature.
- Disable: Disable ZRS for the bucket. By default, ZRS is disabled for a bucket to be created. Objects in the bucket are stored by using locally redundant storage (LRS). For example, if the storage class of the bucket is Standard, the objects in the bucket are Standard ZRS objects by default.
- Click OK.
Other implementation methods