After activating Alibaba Cloud OSS, you create a bucket in the OSS console to store objects.
- Log on to the OSS console.
- Click Create Bucket to open the Create Bucket dialog box.
- In the Bucket Name text box, enter a bucket name.
- The bucket name must comply with the naming conventions.
- The bucket name must be unique among all existing buckets in Alibaba Cloud OSS.
- The bucket name cannot be changed after being created.
- In the Region drop-down box, select the data center of the bucket.
The region of a bucket cannot be changed after the bucket is created. To access OSS through the ECS intranet, select the same region as that of your ECS.
- In the Storage Class drop-down box, select a storage class for the bucket.
- Standard Storage: provides highly reliable, highly available, and high-performance object storage services that support frequent data access.
- Infrequent Access Storage: suitable for data that is stored for a long term and infrequently accessed. Its unit price is lower than that of the Standard storage class.
- Archive Storage: suitable for storing archival data that requires long-term persistence (more than half a year). The data is infrequently accessed during the storage period and it may take about one minute to restore the data to a readable state. This storage class is suitable for storing archive data, medical images, scientific materials, and video footage for a long time period.
- In the ACL drop-down box, select an access permission option for the bucket.
- Private: Only the owner of the bucket and the authorized users can perform read, write, and delete operations on the objects in the bucket. Other users cannot access objects in the bucket.
- Public Read: Only the owner of the bucket and the authorized users can perform write and delete operations on the objects in the bucket. Anyone (including anonymous access) can read the objects in the bucket.
- Public Read/Write: Anyone (including anonymous access) can read, write, and delete the objects in the bucket.
Notice The fees incurred by the bucket operations are borne by the bucket owner. Therefore, use Public Read and Public Read/Write permissions with caution.
- Click OK.