- Log onto the OSS Console and activate OSS.
- Create a bucket.
- Upload and download files.
For details, refer to Get started with Alibaba Cloud OSS.
Before getting started with SDKs, refer to the sections about the upload and download functions in the Developer Guide.
OSS uses RESTful APIs to perform operations and all requests are standard HTTP requests.
- OSS provides different file upload methods, such as using a single PUT request to complete a Simple Upload, using webpage forms for direct uploads, called Form Upload, and uploading large files with Multipart Upload. For video monitoring and other applications, OSS also provides Append Object.
- Likewise, OSS provides multiple download methods: Simple Download and, for larger files, Resumable Download.
- After activating OSS, retrieve the AccessKeyId and AccessKeySecret from the console.
- Download the SDKs for various programming languages.
- Based on the descriptions in the SDK documentation, perform uploads, downloads, and other operations.
For details, see the OSS SDK Reference.