- Log on to the OSS console.
- Create a bucket.
- Upload and download files.
For more information, see Get started with Alibaba Cloud OSS.
Get familiar with OSS upload and download
Before you use OSS SDKs, we recommend that you have basic familiarity with the OSS upload and download methods.
OSS uses RESTful APIs to perform operations and all requests are standard HTTP requests.
- Use the Put Object method to upload a single file smaller than 5 GB to OSS. For more information, see Simple upload.
- Use the Post Object method (HTTP form) to upload a file smaller than 5 GB to OSS from a browser. For more information, see Form upload.
- Use the Multipart Upload method to upload a file larger than 5 GB. For more information, see Multipart upload.
- Use the Append Object method to directly append content to the end of an object. This method is particularly well suited for video monitoring and live video broadcasting. For more information, see Append object.
General process of using OSS SDKs
- Obtain the AccessKeyId and AccessKeySecret from the console. For more information, see Create an AccessKey.
- Download the OSS SDKs in your preferred programming language from GitHub.
- Perform uploads, downloads, and other operations.
For more information about how to use the OSS SDKs in different programming languages, see OSS SDK Reference.