This topic describes how to install and use Tablestore SDK for Python. The content in this topic applies to Tablestore SDK for Python V4.x.x.
Download the SDK
For more information about the version history, visit SDK for Python.
- Tablestore SDK for Python V5.1.0 is compatible with Tablestore SDK for Python V5.x.x.
- Tablestore SDK for Python V5.1.0 is compatible with Tablestore SDK for Python V4.x.x.
- Tablestore SDK for Python V5.1.0 is incompatible with Tablestore SDK for Python V2.x.x.
V2.x.x supports primary key columns in random order that is no longer supported from
V4.0. The incompatibilities are as follows:
- The package name is changed from ots2 to tablestore.
- The TableOptions parameter is added for the Client.create_table operation.
- The type of the primary_key parameter is changed from DICT to LIST for the PutRow, GetRow, and UpdateRow operations to ensure the sequence.
- The type of the attribute_columns parameter is changed from DICT to LIST for the PutRow and GetRow operations.
- The timestamp is added for the attribute_columns parameter of the PutRow and UpdateRow operations.
- The max_version and time_range parameters are added to the GetRow and GetRange operations. You must specify at least one of max_version and time_range.
- The return_type parameter is added to the PutRow, UpdateRow, and DeleteRow operations. Only RT_PK is supported to return the primary key value of the current row.
- The return_row parameter is added to the PutRow, UpdateRow, and DeleteRow operations. If you set return_type to RT_PK in the request, the primary key value of the row is returned in return_row.
Latest version: 5.1.0