The automatic snapshots of cloud disks are not released along with the cloud by default. However, you can change the property so that automatic snapshots are released with the following:
- Change the system disk (custom image): The previous system disks are releases. If an automatic snapshot has been set up to release with the cloud disks, the automatic snapshots of the previous system disks are automatically deleted.
- Detach a cloud disk
To retain auto snapshots when releasing the disk, perform the following:
- Log on to the ECS console.
- Select a region.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click .
- Select the disk that you want to configure and click Actions > .
- In the Modify Disk Attributes dialog box, select Delete automatic snapshots when releasing disk, and then click OK.