By default, automatic snapshots of cloud disks are not released at the same time as the cloud disk. However, you can modify the disk property so that automatic snapshots are released when you:
- Replace the system disk (non-public image): The previous system disks are released. If an automatic snapshot has been set up to release with the cloud disks, the automatic snapshots of the previous system disks are automatically deleted.
- Detach a cloud disk.
To delete automatic snapshot policies at the same time as a disk release, follow these steps:
- Log on to the ECS console.
- Select the target region.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click .
- Select the disk that you want to configure and then, in the Actions column, click .
- In the Modify Disk Type dialog box, select Delete Automatic Snapshots while Releasing Disk, and then click OK.