Before you use Hybrid Backup Recovery (HBR) to back up MySQL databases deployed on on-premises servers, you must register a MySQL instance in the HBR console.
- The preparations for Oracle database backup are completed. For more information, see Prepare for data backup.
- On-premises servers where MySQL databases reside must be connected to virtual private clouds (VPCs) by using VPNs or Express Connect circuits. You must also make sure that you can use an HBR client to access the IP addresses in the following CIDR blocks of VPCs from an on-premises server: 100.64.0.0/10, 100.64.0.0/11, and 100.96.0.0/11.
- Log on to the HBR console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, choose .
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- On the Database Backup page, click the MySQL tab.
- On the Local Database Instance tab, click Register Database Instance in the upper-right corner.
- In the Add Client panel, install the client as prompted.
After you register the MySQL instance, HBR installs an HBR client on each node of the MySQL instance. On the Local Database Instance tab, you can view the installation status of the backup client on each node of the MySQL instance. You can upgrade the HBR client based on your business requirements.
- Download and decompress the HBR client for Linux.
- Log on to the on-premises server and run the command to activate the HBR client for
You can obtain the command in the following example from the HBR console:
sudo ./client init local-uni --uniUserInfoToken "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"
What to do next
To delete a registered MySQL instance, perform the following steps:
- Log on to the on-premises server and run the following command to uninstall the HBR
client for Linux:
sudo rpm --erase "dbackup3-agent-mysql" sudo rpm --erase "dbackup3-agent" sudo rpm --erase "dbackup3-common"
sudo dpkg -r "dbackup3-agent-mysql" "dbackup3-agent" "dbackup3-common"
- On the Local Database Instance tab, find the MySQL instance that you want to delete and choose in the Actions column.
- In the dialog box that appears, click OK.