This topic describes how to manually upgrade a VPN gateway. This method allows you to upgrade a VPN gateway to the latest version and then use more features after the upgrade is completed. These features include BGP routing and Dead Peer Detection (DPD).
- It requires about 10 minutes to upgrade a VPN gateway. The VPN gateway remains unavailable during the upgrade process. Connections that are established to the VPN gateway are also closed. We recommend that you upgrade a VPN gateway during a network maintenance window to avoid service interruptions.
- If multiple CIDR blocks are specified for an IPsec-VPN connection and the IKE version is IKE V1, you must upgrade IKE V1 to IKE V2 or create an IPsec-VPN connection for each of the CIDR blocks. Otherwise, the upgrade will fail.
- If the version of your VPN gateway is the latest, the system prompts a hint when you move the pointer over the Upgrade button.
- Log on to the VPN gateway console.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where the VPN gateway is deployed.
- On the VPN Gateways page, find the VPN gateway that you want to upgrade and click its ID.
- On the details page of the VPN gateway, click Upgrade.
- In the Upgrade VPN Gateway dialog box, read and accept the upgrade agreement, and then click OK. After you click OK, the system starts to upgrade the VPN gateway. Wait until the upgrade is completed.