Visit Alibaba Cloud Official Website , and click Log In at the top left corner.
Log in to the console on the Live Broadcasting Service Product Homepage. The console will check the activation status of services the product is dependent on. Follow the instructions on the page for operations.
Create a domain name in Manage Domain Names.
If your Live will played in china area, you should complete the ICP record filing formalities.
The domain name for live video should complete the ICP record filing formalities. The domain name will be ready for use after the formalities are completed and approved. Domain names that haven’t completed the formalities should file an application for ICP record filing. Record Filing Process.
Modify the DNS CNAME record of the live video domain name you added to the CNAME address displayed on the live video domain name management details page. We need to bind the streaming address that Alibaba Cloud provides with the live video domain name, so that the stream is pushed to our live video center when it is pushed to the live video domain name.
Follow the steps below to bind the CNAME address of the domain name.
- Get the CNAME corresponding to the live video domain name of the Live console.
- Fill in the resolution parameters and save the input.
- The resolution normally will take effect very soon. If it is a newly created domain name, the resolution won’t involve DNS refreshing. If the CNAME is changed, there will be cached data on different DNSs, and it may take a maximum of 48 hours to finish the updates.
In Manage Domain Names, click Manage of the live video domain name:
- The video-center.alivecdn.com is a server of the live video center and can be customized. For example, your domain name is live.aliyun.com (Note: This domain cannot be the same as your live video CDN domain name). You can set DNS and point your domain name CNAME to “video-center.alivecdn.com”.
- APPName is the app name. This parameter can be customized or changed.
- StreamName is the stream name. This parameter can be customized or changed.
- The “vhost” parameter specifies a domain name for eventual playback on an edge node, namely your live video CDN domain name.
The live video streaming operation can use third-party streaming software.
The push and playback of live video stream media adopt the same authentication scheme. You can configure it in Authentication Configuration in the console. For details, see Authentication Configuration
- The live video domain name can only push and play streams normally after authentication configuration. Live broadcasting business type only supports A-type authentication method.
- The streaming and playback addresses should receive authentication signature calculations respectively. Every signature is calculated based on the URL strictly, so you cannot apply the signature calculated from the streaming URL to the playback address. Similarly, different stream playback addresses correspond to different authentication calculation results.
Go to Live Console - Manage Domain Names - Live Broadcasting Domain Name Management Details Page - Authentication Configuration, and configure the authentication as follows:
- Enable authentication
- Enter the primary key value of authentication manually.
Go to Live Console - Manage Domain Names - Live Video Domain Name Management Details Page - Basic Information, and get the streaming address as follows:
Go to Live Console - Manage Domain Names - Live Video Domain Name Management Details Page - Authentication Configuration, and calculate the authentication URL using the calculator:
Enter the streaming address (AppName and StreamName can be modified as you desire), authentication key, and valid period, and click the
After you push streams using the authentication URL in OBS or other tools, you can query the record of ongoing live streams on the Live Console - Manage Streams - In Streaming page. You can query the playback address in Live Video Address for preview and playback.