This topic describes how to change the configurations such as specifications and storage capacity of one or more shard nodes in an ApsaraDB MongoDB sharded cluster instance.
- The storage capacity that you specify must be greater than or equal to the used storage space on the shard node.
- If the billing method is subscription, the number of read-only nodes that you specify must be greater than or equal to the number of read-only nodes for the highest shard node in the current instance.
- In a configuration change task, if you want to downgrade the specifications of a shard node, you cannot increase the number of read-only nodes of the instance.
For more information, see Configuration change fees.
- During a configuration change, you may experience a momentary service interruption
or two lasting about 30 seconds each. To prevent a configuration change from interrupting
your workloads, we recommend that you perform the configuration change at a time that
has minimal impact on your business.
Note If you change only the Storage Space configuration, no service interruptions occur.
- The time required to perform a configuration change depends on factors such as the network conditions, task queue status, and data volume. We recommend that you change the configurations of a sharded cluster instance during off-peak hours and make sure that your application is configured to automatically reconnect to the instance.
- If the minor version of a sharded cluster instance expires or is not included in the maintenance list, ApsaraDB for MongoDB automatically updates the minor version of the instance to the latest version during a specification change. This ensures that the sharded cluster instance can provide higher performance and higher stability.
- Log on to the ApsaraDB for MongoDB console.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select the resource group and the region of the target instance.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Sharded Cluster Instances.
- Find the target instance and click its ID.
- On the Basic Information page, select one or more shard nodes. Note The new storage capacity that you specify must be greater than or equal to the largest storage capacity among all the shard nodes of the sharded cluster instance. To decrease the storage capacity of a shard node, you can create another instance and use it to replace the existing one. For more information, see Other configuration change scenarios and methods.
- Change the configurations of a shard node
In the Shard List section of the page, find the shard node. Click the icon in the Actions column, and then select Change Configuration.
- Change the configurations of multiple shard nodes
- In the Mongos List section, select multiple shard nodes.
- Click Batch Reconfigure in the upper-right corner of the Shard List section.
- Change the configurations of a shard node
- In the Change Specification pane, configure the following parameters.
Parameter Description Instance Specifications The new specifications of the shard node.Note For more information about the specifications that are supported by shard nodes, see Instance types. Storage Capacity The new storage capacity of the shard node.Note The storage space of the shard node cannot be decreased. To decrease the storage space of the shard node, you can create another instance and use it to replace the existing one. For more information, see Other configuration change scenarios and methods. Read-only Nodes The new number of read-only nodes.Note You can change this parameter if the billing method of the instance is subscription. Migration Time The time when you want to apply the configuration change.
- Switch Immediately after Migration: ApsaraDB for MongoDB applies the configuration change immediately after you complete the payment.
- Switch within Maintenance Window: ApsaraDB for MongoDB applies the configuration change within the maintenance window
that you specify. You can view the maintenance window. You can also change the maintenance
window by using one of the following methods:
- Click Edit next to Switch within Maintenance Window.
- Go to the Basic Information page. In the Specification Information section, click Edit next to Maintenance Period. For more information, see Specify a maintenance period.
- Purchase the node. Perform the following operations based on the billing method of the sharded cluster instance:
When the configuration change is being applied, the sharded cluster instance is in the Changing Configuration state. When the status of the instance changes to Running, the configuration change is applied.
- Pay-as-you-go: Click Pay Now. Then the system automatically collects the amount.
- Subscription: Click Pay Now. On the Purchase page, complete the payment process.
Related API operations
|ModifyNodeSpec||Changes the configurations of a mongos or shard node in an ApsaraDB for MongoDB sharded cluster instance.|
|ModifyNodeSpecBatch||Changes the configurations of multiple mongos or shard nodes in an ApsaraDB for MongoDB sharded cluster instance.|