Alibaba Cloud CDN provides you with cost-effective resource plans. This topic describes how to choose and purchase resource plans.
- You can purchase resource plans on the buy page.
- For more information about the pricing of resource plans, see CDN Pricing.
- Website type: small-sized community website. Website content: images, text, and on-demand videos.
- Accelerated region: mainland China.
- Other services: Image and video files are stored in an Object Storage Service (OSS) bucket. HTTPS secure acceleration is used to encrypt data transmission.
- Resources expected to be consumed:
Resource Expected amount Outbound data transfer
- Daily peak bandwidth: about 1 Gbit/s
- Outbound data transfer: 3.16 TB per day, 95 TB per month, 570 TB per six months, and 1,140 TB per year
HTTPS requests for static content
- Daily maximum number of queries per second (QPS): about 3,000
- Number of requests: about 78 million per day, 2.33 billion per month, and 27.96 billion per year
OSS storage capacity
The OSS storage capacity is based on the cache hit ratios of Alibaba Cloud CDN. The higher the cache hit ratios, the lower the fees charged by OSS.
For example, the byte hit ratio and request hit ratio of Alibaba Cloud CDN are both 90%. In this case, 10% of the network traffic and requests are redirected to the origin server, which is an OSS bucket. OSS charges fees for the data transfer generated during back-to-origin routing. For more information, see OSS Pricing.
Analysis on how to choose resource plans
- Determine billable items based on required features and choose resource plan types
Feature and billable item Resource plan Basic features: outbound data transfer Outbound data transfer plans (can be shared by Alibaba Cloud CDN and DCDN)
- Determine the capacity and subscription duration of the resource plansSelect outbound data transfer plans for Alibaba Cloud CDN and DCDN based on the expected amount of data transfer of your domain name and the capacity options listed on the buy page, as described in the following table.
Expected amount Capacity Subscription duration Benefit and drawback 95 TB per month 50 TB 1 month This solution consumes two data transfer plans every month, which requires frequent purchases. 570 TB per six months 200 TB 6 months This solution consumes three data transfer plans every six months, but has discounts available. 1,140 TB per year 1 PB 1 year In this example, Alice runs a small-sized community website. The website may attract more visitors and experience fluctuations in outbound data transfer. Data transfer resources may be wasted if Alice purchases an outbound data transfer plan of one year.
- Recommended resource plansOutbound data transfer plans for Alibaba Cloud CDN and DCDN:
- Commodity type: resource plan for Alibaba Cloud CDN and DCDN
- Resource plan type: outbound data transfer plan
- Capacity: 200 TB
- Accelerated region: mainland China
- Subscription duration: six months