A snapshot is a stateful data file of a disk at a specific point in time. Snapshots can be used to back up and restore data. You can use the custom image created by using a snapshot to make a copy of the environment that includes the operating system and data of a cloud desktop. The snapshot can be used to create more cloud desktops with identical configurations.
A snapshot of the system disk is created. For more information, see Create snapshots.
- You can only use snapshots of the system disk to create custom images. Images of data disks cannot be used to create custom images.
- The created image is located in the same region as the snapshot. For example, if the snapshot is in the China (Hangzhou) region, the image is created in the China (Hangzhou) region. You cannot use an image across regions.
- Log on to the EDS console.
- In the top navigation bar, select a region.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Cloud Desktops.
- In the cloud desktop list, find the required cloud desktop, click its ID, and then click the Snapshots tab.
- In the snapshot list, find the required snapshot of the system disk and click Create Image in the Actions column.
- In the Create Image panel, enter the image name and description.
- Click Create.