Log Service interconnects with various cloud products and third-party open-source ecosystems, such as StreamCompute, data warehouse, and monitoring, which lowers the threshold for your usage to the maximum extent. Besides, Log Service introduces ISV into fields such as security, which allows you to enjoy the service of log analysis experts by using the security cloud market.
- Analysis of logs and big data
- Use agents and APIs to collect events generated by the system in real time, such as visits and clicks.
- Use the LogHub API for stream computing, such as the targeted operations based on the analysis of your favorite shows, channels with the highest audience rating, and on-demand views of different provinces.
- Archive logs offline in the data warehouse, including the detailed operational data and bills generated daily and weekly.
- The applicable fields include streaming media, e-commerce, mobile analytics, and game operations. For example, the website CNZZ also uses Log Service.
- Use agents to collect logs to Log Service in real time, eliminating the risk of deletion by mistake or by hackers.
- Analyze the access behaviors quickly by using the log query function, such as querying the operational records of a certain account, object, or operation.
- Ship logs to Object Storage Service (OSS) for long-term storage to meet the compliance audit requirements.
- The applicable fields include e-commerce, government platforms, and websites.
- During the process of development, add logs to clients, mobile devices, servers, and modules, and associate the logs by using IDs.
- Collect logs from each module and obtain access statistics in real time by using CloudMonitor and StreamCompute.
- If an error occurs in a request or order, developers directly use the log query function to query the keywords, times, and relevant impact of the error, instead of logging on to the server, quickly locate the problem, and limit the scale of impact.
- The applicable fields include trading system, order system, and mobile network.
- Operation & Maintenance (O&M)
- Collect logs (including errors, access logs, and operation logs) of different applications that are deployed on hundreds and even thousands of machines.
- Centrally manage applications by using different Logstores and machine groups.
- Process different types of logs. For example, you can perform steam computing on access logs for real-time monitoring, index and query operation logs in real time, and archive important logs offline.
- Log Service provides a complete set of APIs for configuration management and integration.
- Applied to users who have many servers to manage.
- Metering and billing, business system monitoring, vulnerability detection, operation analysis, and mobile client analysis. Log Service is ubiquitous in Alibaba Cloud. Almost all cloud products are using Log Service to process and analyze logs.