This topic describes how to delete a stack in the Resource Orchestration Service (ROS) console.
- Log on to the ROS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Stacks.
- In the upper-left corner, select the region where your stack resides from the drop-down list.
- On the Stacks page, click Delete in the Actions column corresponding to the stack that you want to delete.
- Set RAM Role.
- If you specify a RAM role, ROS will use the RAM role to delete the stack.
- If you do not specify a RAM role, ROS will use the permissions of the current account to delete the stack.
- In the Delete Stack dialog box, set Method to Delete the Stack.You can use one of the following methods to delete a stack:
- Retain Resources: retains stack resources when the stack is deleted. You must select a resource item to be retained from the Resource Item drop-down list.
- Release Resources: releases stack resources when the stack is deleted. Proceed with caution.
- Click OK.