This topic describes how to use Resource Orchestration Service (ROS) to create a stack.
An Alibaba Cloud account is created. To create an Alibaba Cloud account, go to the Alibaba Cloud official website.
If you have created a template, log on to the ROS console and select My Templates from the Templates drop-down list in the left-side navigation pane. Click Create Stack in the Actions column corresponding to your template. You can also select Sample Templates from the Templates drop-down list in the left-side navigation pane to create a stack based on a sample template. For more information, see Use sample templates to create stacks.
- Log on to the ROS console.
- In the left-side navigation pane, click Stacks.
- In the upper-left corner of the page, select a region from the drop-down list.
- On the Stacks page, click Create Stack.
- In the Select Template step of the Create Stack wizard, specify a template, and then click Next.
You can select an existing template or use a sample template.
A template is a JSON or YAML file encoded in UTF-8. For more information about templates, see Template structure.
- In the Configure Template Parameters step of the Create Stack wizard, set Stack Name and Parameters, and then click Next.
- In the Configure Stack step of the Create Stack wizard, set the parameters as prompted.
Parameter Description Stack Policy
- No Stack Policy: No stack policy is specified.
- Input Stack Policy: You can specify a stack policy by uploading a file or specifying a stack policy in the field.
For more information about stack policies, see Stack policies.
Rollback on Failure
- Enabled: Rollback on stack creation failure is enabled.
- Disabled: Rollback on stack creation failure is disabled.
Timeout Period If resource creation or update is not performed within the time limit specified by Timeout Period, the system will roll back to the status before the resource was created or updated. Deletion Protection This feature prevents the stack from being unintentionally deleted.
- Enabled: Deletion protection is enabled.
- Disabled: Deletion protection is disabled.
RAM Role You can create a RAM role to be assumed by ROS as a trusted entity, and grant minimal permissions to the RAM role based on requirements of resources defined in the template.
- If you specify a RAM role, ROS uses the RAM role to create stacks. For more information about how to create a RAM role and how to grant permissions to a RAM role, see Create a RAM role for a trusted Alibaba Cloud service and Grant permissions to a RAM role.
- If you do not specify a RAM role, ROS will use the permissions of the current account to create the stack.
Tags Each tag is a key-value pair that can be used to classify stacks.
- Click Next.
- In the Check and Confirm step of the Create Stack wizard, click Create.