E-MapReduce (EMR) provides a Hive environment. You can use Hive to create tables and perform operations on the tables and the data in them.
- A project is created. For more information, see Manage projects.
- A Hive SQL script, for example, uservisits_aggre_hdfs.hive, is uploaded to a path
in OSS, such as oss://path/to/.
Content of uservisits_aggre_hdfs.hive:
USE DEFAULT; DROP TABLE uservisits; CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE IF NOT EXISTS uservisits (sourceIP STRING,destURL STRING,visitDate STRING,adRevenue DOUBLE,userAgent STRING,countryCode STRING,languageCode STRING,searchWord STRING,duration INT) ROW FORMAT DELIMITED FIELDS TERMINATED BY ',' STORED AS SEQUENCEFILE LOCATION '/HiBench/Aggregation/Input/uservisits'; DROP TABLE uservisits_aggre; CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE IF NOT EXISTS uservisits_aggre (sourceIP STRING, sumAdRevenue DOUBLE) STORED AS SEQUENCEFILE LOCATION '/HiBench/Aggregation/Output/uservisits_aggre'; INSERT OVERWRITE TABLE uservisits_aggre SELECT sourceIP, SUM(adRevenue) FROM uservisits GROUP BY sourceIP;
- Create a job.
- You have logged on to the Alibaba Cloud EMR console by using your Alibaba Cloud account.
- In the top navigation bar, select the region where your cluster resides and select a resource group based on your business requirements.
- Click the Data Platform tab.
- In the Projects section of the page that appears, find the project you want to edit and click Edit Job in the Actions column.
- In the Edit Job pane on the left, right-click the folder on which you want to perform operations and select Create Job.
- Configure the job.
- In the Create Job dialog box, specify Name and Description, and select Hive from the Job Type drop-down list. This option indicates that a Hive job will be created. You can use the following command syntax to submit a Hive job:
hive [user provided parameters]
- Click OK.
- Specify the command line parameters required to submit the job in the Content field. For example, to use a Hive script uploaded to OSS, enter the following command:
pathindicates the path in which
uservisits_aggre_hdfs.hiveis stored in OSS.
Click + Enter an OSS path in the lower part of the page. In the OSS File dialog box, specify File Path. The system automatically completes the path of the Hive script in OSS. File Prefix must be set to OSSREF to ensure that EMR can download the file.
- In the Create Job dialog box, specify Name and Description, and select Hive from the Job Type drop-down list.
- Click Save.