When users are applying for a cluster in E-MapReduce, they are provided with a Hive environment by default. Users can directly create and operate their tables and data by using Hive.
- Prepare the Hive script in advance, for example:
USE DEFAULT; DROP TABLE uservisits; CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE IF NOT EXISTS uservisits (sourceIP STRING,destURL STRING,visitDate STRING,adRevenue DOUBLE,user Agent STRING,countryCode STRING,languageCode STRING,searchWord STRING,duration INT ) ROW FORMAT DELIMITED FIELDS TERMI NATED BY ',' STORED AS SEQUENCEFILE LOCATION '/HiBench/Aggregation/Input/uservisits'; DROP TABLE uservisits_aggre; CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE IF NOT EXISTS uservisits_aggre ( sourceIP STRING, sumAdRevenue DOUBLE) STORED AS SEQUENCEFILE LO CATION '/HiBench/Aggregation/Output/uservisits_aggre'; INSERT OVERWRITE TABLE uservisits_aggre SELECT sourceIP, SUM(adRevenue) FROM uservisits GROUP BY sourceIP;
- Save this script into a script file, such as uservisits_aggre_hdfs.hive, and then upload it to an OSS directory (for example, oss://path/to/uservisits_aggre_hdfs.hive).
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud E-MapReduce Console.
- At the top of the navigation bar, click Data Platform.
- In the Actions column, click Design Workflow of the specified project.
- On the left side of the Job Editing page, right-click on the folder you want to operate and select New Job.
- In the New Job dialog box, enter the job name and description.
- Select the Hive job type to create a Hive job. This type of job is submitted in the background using the following method:
hive [user provided parameters]
- Click OK.
Note You can also create subfolder, rename folder, and delete folder by right-clicking on the folder.
- Enter the parameters in the Content box with parameters subsequent to Hive commands. For example, if it is necessary to use a Hive script uploaded to OSS, the following must be entered:
You can also click Select OSS path to view and select from OSS, the system will automatically complete the path of Hive script on OSS. Switch the Hive script prefix to ossref (click Switch resource type) to guarantee this file is properly downloaded by E-MapReduce.
- Click Save to complete the Hive job configuration.