This topic describes how to release an E-MapReduce (EMR) cluster if it is no longer needed. You can release only pay-as-you-go clusters.
The cluster you want to release is in the Initializing, Running, or Idle state.
- Forcibly terminates all jobs in the cluster.
- Terminates and releases all ECS instances created for the cluster.
The time needed to terminate and release the ECS instances depends on the size of the cluster but does not exceed five minutes. In most cases, the ECS instances can be released in seconds.
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud E-MapReduce console.
- Click the Cluster Management tab.
- Find the target cluster and select Release from the More drop-down list in the Actions column.
Alternatively, find the target cluster and click Details in the Actions column. On the Cluster Overview page that appears, select Release from the Instance Status drop-down list.
- In the Cluster Management-Release message that appears, click Release. The system notifies you of the successful cluster release.