If your cluster resources (computing and storage resources) are insufficient, the cluster can be expanded horizontally. Only core and task nodes can be expanded. Configurations of expanding a cluster default to be consistent with the ECS instance purchased previously.
Select the cluster to be expanded on the cluster list page, click More, and select Scale Up/Out. You can also click View Details on the right side of the cluster, and click Scale Up/Out in the upper right corner.
- Configuration: Displays configurations of the current instance.
- Billing Method: Displays the payment method of the current cluster.
- Current Core Instances: Displays the quantity of all your current core nodes.
- New Instances: Enter the quantity that you want to add. We recommend that you perform small-scale expansions each time, such as increasing one or two instances.
- VSwitch: Displays the VSwitch of the current cluster.
To view the expansion status of a cluster, in the Cluster Overview panel, go to the Core Instance Group (CORE) area. The node that is being expanded is displayed as Scaling Up/Out. When the status of an ECS instance changes to Normal, the ECS has been added into the cluster and can provide services normally.
- Log on the master host using the following command with SHH and obtain the public IP of the master cluster in the Cluster Overview panel.
- Switch to the hadoop user.
- Log on to the expanded node and obtain the intranet IP of the expanded node in the Cluster Overview panel.
- Change your root password using the following command.
sudo passwd root