If your cluster does not have enough resources, you can expand it horizontally. Only core and task nodes can be expanded. When expanding a cluster, configurations default to be consistent with the ECS instance purchased previously.
Enter expansion interface
Select the cluster you want to expand from the list of clusters, click More, and select Scale Up/Out. You can also click View Details to the right of the cluster, and click Scale Up/Out in the upper right corner.
- Configuration: Displays the configurations of the current instance.
- Billing Method: Displays the payment method of the current cluster.
- Current Core Instances: Displays the total number of your current core nodes.
- New Instances: Enter the quantity of instances that you want to add.
- VSwitch: Displays the VSwitch of the current cluster.
To view the expansion status of a cluster, click Core Instance Group (CORE) in the Cluster Overview panel. Nodes that are being expanded are displayed as Scaling Up/Out. When the status of an ECS instance changes to Normal, ECS has been added to the cluster and can now provide services.
- Log on the master host with SHH using the following command and obtain the public IP of the master cluster in the Cluster Overview panel.
- Switch to the hadoop user.
- Log on to the expanded node and obtain the intranet IP of the expanded node in the Cluster Overview panel.
- Change your root password using the following command.
sudo passwd root