If your cluster does not have enough resources, you can expand it horizontally. Only core and task nodes can be expanded. When expanding a cluster, configurations default to be consistent with the ECS instance purchased previously.
Enter expansion interface
- On the Cluster Management page, click Details in the Actions column for the cluster that you want to upgrade node specification for.
- On the Cluster Overview page, click Change Configuration. From the drop-down list, select Scale Out.
- Configuration: Displays the configurations of the current instance.
- Billing Method: Displays the payment method of the current cluster.
- Current Core Instances: Displays the total number of your current core nodes.
- New Instances: Enter the quantity of instances that you want to add.
- VSwitch: Displays the VSwitch of the current cluster.
To view the expansion status of a cluster, click Core Instance Group (CORE) in the Cluster Overview panel. Nodes that are being expanded are displayed as Scaling Up/Out. When the status of an ECS instance changes to Normal, ECS has been added to the cluster and can now provide services.
- Log on the master host with SHH using the following command and obtain the public IP of the master cluster in the Cluster details panel.
- Switch to the hadoop user.
- Log on to the expanded node and obtain the intranet IP of the expanded node in the Cluster details panel.
- Change your root password using the following command.
sudo passwd root