This section describes how to create an execution plan in an earlier E-MapReduce version.
After you have created a job, you need to create an execution plan if you want to run a predefined job on a cluster. An execution plan may contain multiple jobs. You can define the execution sequence of these jobs. For example, if a scenario handles data in the following order: prepare data, process data, and clean up data, then you can define the following three jobs: prepare-data, process-data, and cleanup-data, and then you can create an execution plan that includes these three jobs.
To create an execution plan, follow these steps:
- Log on to the Alibaba Cloud E-MapReduce console.
- Select a region.
- Click Old EMR Scheduling.
- Click the left-side Execution Plan tab to go to the execution plan page.
- Click Create an execution plan in the upper-right corner to go to the execution plan creation page.
- The following two options are available on the Select the cluster page: Create as needed and Existing Clusters. Create as needed indicates that you have not created any clusters. You will run the execution plan in a temporary cluster, which will be automatically released after you have executed the plan. Existing Cluster indicates that you have at least one running cluster, and you have to submit the execution plan to the existing cluster for execution.
- If you select Create as needed, you can follow the same steps as creating a cluster to create an on-demand cluster. Select configuration of the on-demand cluster, and click OK.
- If you select Existing Cluster, you will be directed to the cluster selection page. You can select clusters that you want to associate with the execution plan.
Currently, you can only submit clusters that are in Running or Idle status.
- Click Next to go to the Configure the job page. The page displays the predefined jobs on the left-side list, and the jobs to be executed by the newly created execution plan on the right-side list. To define the execution plan, select jobs from the left-side list based on the execution sequence and add them to the right-side list. You can click the question mark (?) to view parameters of the jobs. After you have defined the execution plan, click Next.
- Enter an execution plan name.
- Select a scheduling policy.
- Manually executed indicates that the execution plan will be executed only when you click the execution plan.
- Periodic scheduling execution plan indicates that you must set the scheduling cycle and the scheduling start time.
- Click OK to complete the creation of the execution plan.